Drafting A Wide Receiver

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think we all can agree that we need to upgrade our skill positions on offense if we are going to help our young quarter back develop. I've seen several comments that we should draft one of the WRs that drops in the draft after the first round (similar to what we did with JAG and DGB). But what type of receiver should we be targeting? Currently we have:

Our Featured Big Bodied Receiver: This is DGB all day, but he needs a lot of development and its not guaranteed that he takes the next step (see every WR the titans have drafted). It seems like Mularkey isnt as high on DGB as we are or is trying to motivate him this off season. I know a lot people are high on Doctson, not sure we need another WR in the same role. But it works for Tampa with Jackson and Evans, so maybe it could work for us.

Downfield Threat: This was supposed to be Hunter but he cant stay healthy and when he was on the field he wasn't all that good. I know Matthews isn't really a speed guy, but maybe he can take over this role. Will Fuller may be the guy to target in this role, but his hands are suspect.

Slot Receiver: Currently we have Kendall Wright who is best suited for this role. I've been pretty disappointed in him not taking the next step, but Im not sure if its mostly his fault, Wiz's offense, or both. Coleman may drop but does it make sense to draft another slot receiver in the 2nd round with so many holes and we already have Wright.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I really like three WR's we can legitimately target in the 3rd or 4th round:
    Tyler Boyd
    Rashard Higgins [really, really love this guy]
    Leonte Carroo

I also love Josh Doctson & Sterling Shepard, but they're both top 40 picks IMO. Michael Thomas is solid too, but another top 40 pick. Braxton Miller is intriguing but I'm not sure I'd take him for the Titans.

Malcolm Mitchell, Keyarris Garrett or Charone Peake could be targeted anywhere from round 4-7.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yes it's draft season - draft threads aplenty

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I wish the draft was tomorrow lol. I'm ready

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Personally, I don't think we need to look WR until day 3. With DGB, Wright, Matthews, Douglas, Hunter, & McBride there's plenty of depth. I could see a rd 4/5 pick if they're BPA.

Not that I don't think we need an upgrade at WR, but we have so many other needs. Especially when we already have 3 capable starters at WR, IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Mathews pretty much killed any chance of us taking a WR before the 4th round. Also why do you feel Mularky isnt high on Beckham has he come out and said something I am not aware of?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think we only take one if one falls in the draft. The mathews signing signing kind of "sealed up" the position. We have 6 on the roster now. I could see us bringing in udfa and fas tho.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We aren't taking a receiver until 5th or after unless a good one falls to us randomly....We got Matthews.....Especially since this receiver class if slow and frowned upon

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Theres about a dozen worthwhile WR's in this draft, Leonte Carroo could be the steal of the draft somewhere in the 3rd-4th round.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

If that one kid who reportedly broke CJ's record lasts into the 6th round or later, I'd take a shot on him. Other than that, there isn't much I'd go after. As a UT fan, Von Pearson is someone I'd like us to target as a UDFA. He is very talented. Surprised there hasn't been any noise about him. I think he could be a great slot WR for somebody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar