Draft The Next Cortland Finnegan.... Draft The Honey Badger

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If a guy is a Pro Bowler I guess you can make the argument.

You know, I just looked up Mathieu's return stats and he only returned 27 kicks/punts at LSU. That's a pretty small sample size to argue picking a guy strictly for his returning.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

True on both points. But it wouldn't hurt if you can take a late flyer on him tho

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Always depending what talent is on the board in those situations tho

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Slow? You don't say...Last time I saw him play he was probably the fastest player on the field at any given time...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I feel like he lined up on a field full of studs and took lots of chances.

He has questions as a football player and we don't know where his head will be... I don't like the idea of taking him before the 5th or 6th.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

he's more quick than fast

I don't think he's slow but his speed is deceptive when watching

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Honey Badger will run no faster than 4.5. At his size that won't cut it in the big leagues.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Just what I was going to say. He isn't that great a cover corner, he is probably more of a nickel type. I do think he is worth giving a look, but I don't think I would take him before the 4th round. Even if you take away the off field issues, I think he is more of a 3rd round pick. With the off field issues, I think he is no better than a 4th round pick. But, he is worth a shot at that point, especially since he can return punts too.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think he runs in the 4.5s. With that speed and at his size he isn't really a great prospect. I dont think he could play outside in the NFL. He does have some potential as a nickel, but I can't see him being taken before the 4th or 5th round.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He would be an interesting pick in the 4th or 5th. He can contribute right away on Special Teams and like I've said before we can use him as leverage in Verner negotiations in case he wants a much bigger contract than we're offering or insurance just in case Verner doesn't come back anyway. I'm not sure what Mathieu's ceiling would be, depends on how much he develops in man coverage but he could be at least a Verner 2.0 with return skills and a little bit better speed/quickness. All of this being said I really doubt we take a guy with this big of character concerns, we've done it before but Webster doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar