Draft Review

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I was watching the draft with my oldest friend, he's a Chargers fan :(. Anyway, he was thinking we'd surely draft Gabbert, and I was telling him how much I wanted Locker over Gabbet and how overrated Gabbert was.

Anyway when we drafted Locker I freaked out, got up and gave a few high fives.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

4.71 I believe. It's funny how every player improves his 40 time at his pro day isnt' it? I've never taken much stock in the homefield advantage of the stop watches. Indy isn't exacly a slow track by any means. He surely doesn't play fast on tape, but maybe that's just me.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Favre went 10-2, 5-6, 8-4 as a full-time starter at Southern Miss.

Joe Montana: 9-3 (three games missed, can't find a game log), 11-1.

Jake Locker: see above.

Favre and Montana also played a different brand of football: fewer attempts, more deep balls, therefore a lower overall completion percentage. But again, THEY WON. Locker did not.

I'm still waiting for someone to find me a current starting QB with that bad a completion AND win percentage. Or even a good backup.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Why do people waste so much time over stats?

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Agreed. I LOVE this pick. We FINALLY have a real MLB, and he happens to be able to play all three spots, actually. In fact, he could play in a 3-4, IMO, if we switch to that on certain downs/situations. This was my favorite value pick (Casey was a close second). He flies to the ball, has great leadership skills, is smart and instinctive while still being athletic. He reminds me a bit of Dan Morgan. Hopefully, he'll stay healthy, unlike Morgan, but they look similar on the field. I'm not sure he could play in nickel packages, though. We'll see.

6. Captain Munch

Captain Munch Camp Fodder

I really like the McCarthy pick as well. I thought maybe the staff had their eyes on Bruce Carter and Martez Wilson to fill that other LB spot, but when they were both selected, I thought they made the best choice possible with McCarthy.

7. Captain Munch

Captain Munch Camp Fodder

I also like the Karl Klug pick after doing more research on him. He has nice speed a has the knowledge of the positions to be versatile for us. He played on a great DL at Iowa and was a really hard-nosed player. He reminds me a little of Drake Nevis minus some pounds. Quick first burst and creates havoc in a hurry. I was hoping for Chris Carter, but I realize he doesnt fit the system due to his lack of size and inexperience at the LB position.

8. 24

24 Starter

Jake Locker, C+

Akeem Ayers, A-

Jurrell Casey, B+

Colin McCarthy, B

Jamie Harper, C

Karl Klug, B

Byron Stingily, A

Zach Clayton, B-

Tommie Campbell, B+

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The only pick that bothers me is taking Harper with the 4th pick. I like Harper, but it was a reach. I think we should of went CB or SS with the 4th comp pick. Then Harper with our 5th. I think all of our picks after McCarthy were reaches, especially Harper. Not hating on the guy, just saying we could of gotten a solid player with that pick and still of gotten Harper. Maybe the Titans know something we don't know about another team liking him, who knows.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

too much thinking is bad for you. right now more more worried about not seeing football this season at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar