Draft Review

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I didn't get to follow our last pick in the 4th through our last pick in the 7th because I was at my sister's wedding. I got updates on my phone after every pick though. At first I was very disappointed by the picks, but now that I'm home and can look the guys up, I'm very impressed. Here is how I see them pick for pick:

Jake Locker: Franchise QB....we are hoping atleast
    Akeem Ayers: May take a couple of years but a OLB/DE starter eventually
    Jurrell Casey: High Energy guy that will improve everyone around him, good run stopping DT that fits right into the rotation.
    Colin McCarthy: Great special teams player for years, can step in for any LB position if injury bug hits.
    Jamie Harper: We needed this. A big back that will prolong CJs career. Goal line back, so we don't have to throw CJ at a wall of defenders 3x before we get a TD.
    Karl Klug: Travis LaBoy type player. I think fits into the DE rotation for now.
    Byron Stingily: Munch project. Really raw player that has a high ceiling. Could be an eventual starter given the right coaching.
    Zach Clayton: I am torn on this one. One of the only ones i think won't make the team. I could be wrong though. Could be a good complementary player at DT. I need to see more of him to really get an idea.
    Tommie Campbell: Love this pick. With a couple more lbs could be our future strong safety. Small school, big potential. We almost always draft someone worthy in the 7th round.

Thanks guys, any thoughts?

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I, personally, am terrified by the Locker pick, but it makes sense. Team needs a QB, team likes Locker, team got him when they could. I can't really fault that.

Casey is my favorite pick. Ayers is the only pick that I don't like at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd give us a B- for the draft.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd give us an a. Rocker gave them an inside tip on the auburn dt we got im sure. Could be a Mariani type great pick. I'm excited for all of our picks besides the OL which aren't exciting in general. We got a mid 1st rd prospect in the 2nd with ayers. I like locker more than newton who went first overall. I like the pick of the 235 lb running back too. And maybe a possible Kvb in klug ( and yes I'm just saying that because he's white) and I'm glad we didn't pick a wr. We've got bigger fish to fry (and our history with finding lumps of coal at the position in later rounds rather than diamonds)

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Btw which position is ayers going to play?

6. 24

24 Starter

SAM LB, he'll probably shift to DE on passing downs. He'll be guarding the TEs.

7. bkellyusa

bkellyusa Camp Fodder

I think we did well in the draft generally spaeaking. That I can see they are going in the directionn the new staff and even Fisher was talking about earleir this year by getting bigger,

AKim Ayers uis real iteresting. I was surorised he was available.

I am getting use to Locker and I think he fits our team.

Byron Stingily is very interesting. If he turns out he could be a real winner.

I am beginning to feel confident again about the Titans. I think we have a good team and with a few new players we shoud be ready to go.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I give us a D.

Locker, ok... that's "their" guy. I like him, but not sure if he's worth the pick that high.

Akeem Ayers - terrible. Bust with no chance.

Casey Jurrell - Great pick.

Jamie Harper - Great pick. (and of course everyone complained about this one)

Karl Klug - Ehh... not bad I guess.

Byron Stingily - He's on OL... don't care.

Zach Clayton - meh.

Tommie Campbell - good.

So about 3 picks I think we did right. Still could have traded back on 2 of them at least.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

My evaluation is a B+:

Round 1: Jake Locker - He has been my number one QB for months (proof here http://gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=69473) and I really think he was the best choice we could've made at the number eight spot in the draft. A high character guy with a huge upside and good ability as a QB already.

Round 2: Akeem Ayers - I like the pick because of the great value and that it fills a posistion of need. I would like to see more about the scheme we will be playing on defence to get an idea of what he could contribute, but there is certainly great value there.

Round 3: Jurrell Casey - I think this is the most solid and sure pick we made in the draft. This guy is the run stuffing DT we need.

Round 4: Colin McCarthy - I wasn't overly high on McCarthy, but he plays with passion and is a great special teamer who will give us a versatile insurance guy in our linebacking corps.

Round 4: Jamie Harper - Not great value but he is a big, strong, 3rd down back that we need.

Round 5: Karl Klug - We needed to get bigger at DE, here the guy we need.

Round 6: Byron Stingily - I don't know him but I trust Munch.

Round 7: Zach Clayton - A Tracy Rocker guy with a greater chance of success because of Rocker being here.

Round 7: Tommie Campbell - High upside pick, good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar