Draft Positioning Moves

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by oilerstruck, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Stories are all ready circulating. Tomorrow will be interesting. The latest rumor around Indy is that the Colts are looking to trade down their 1st rounder. Those who want to jump on someone before the 2nd round begins may be able to put something together. In fact one of the teams mentioned is us. Giving up our 2nd round and possible lower round to jump up to grab a good WR before the 2nd round gets on the way. That would free us to spend the 19th overall pick on Defense and pick up a good WR with the other 1st round pick. Wow! That would be nice.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope we use some of those later-round picks to target some guys and move up for them.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We would probably have to give up a 4th rounder to make that swap. I could see it if we saw a particular player we wanted sitting at 32 who we were pretty sure wouldn't make it to us in the 2nd.

If a guy like Harrell is sitting there and we already drafted a WR I could see the trade. Problem is I'm not sure why the Colts who need a DT, LB and CB real bad would make the move.

4. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I could see us moving to that spot if we took a WR or DE/DT and then a top guy and one of the other spots was sitting there waiting. I'd love to have J. Anderson at 19 and then a solid WR or even Justin Harrell at 32. Getting a DE and DT both in the 1st round would be huge for our D line.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Sounds like an excellent opportunity.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

last year we got an A+ on our draft grade, this year i dont expect it to be much different...

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why would the Colts give the Titans 2 1st round picks? Seems they'd take every other offer before glancing at ours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar