Draft Pick Watch

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ayrichieb, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The draft will be extra exciting this year with the extra 1st round pick we have. Robinson has already shown he's not afraid to make a trade on draft day.

What's so exciting is we actually see progress this season and don't need to replace every position on the team as in years past. We see where we're thin on the team like at WR and CB and it's exciting to look at the college players and imagine what our team will look like this coming year.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Been saying it all year, but this coming offseason should really transform this roster. The fact that the offense is clicking and the team is showing improvement make it that much more assuring. With two mid to early 1st round picks, even if JR trades back, they should be able to get players who fix this teams problems.

While a top WR would be awesome, I don't think I'd go that route. I would have early in the year, but that unit is starting to gel so that has gone down the priority list a bit for me. I'd get the best CB in the draft, and then either another, or go ILB. Hit on those two picks/positions and this defense could look totally different.

I wanted Ramsey this year, but very happy with Conklin and picks. But to echo my reasoning from last year; draft the guy who can be our #1 CB, let McCourty be #2, which he always should have been, that makes our secondary and whole defense better. Byard could start at S next year, get a FA for slot/depth, fixes a lot of issues. Having a beast ILB to run the defense would improve the already strong front 7.

While I doubt we go DL in the 1st, if there's someone with JJ Watt type upside to play opposite Casey, I wouldn't be opposed to going that route and CB.

Either way, with a real GM at the helm and another FA and draft w/ 2 1sts, next year should be really exciting.

I'm still enjoying this season though. Dropped a hug game last week, but we're not out of it. Just need Texans to keep losing. Hope SD can take care of them Sunday.

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I wouldn't mind either M.Williams or John Ross in first round along with a corner but the Foster kid from Bama seems very tempting at ILB . Corner is definitely our biggest need that must be addressed agressively and immediately . I'm a bit confused in which way to go, I guess BPA will guide the path. Are there any later than 1st round receivers who look like they could pan out? Is taking an ILB in the 1st warranted? Any thoughts?

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It all begins up front. Unless by some miracle Dodd finds a way to start playing like a probowler, I think we have to take a speed rusher (Barnett, Allen) and an ILB (Foster). With enough pressure on the QB, any decent CB will look good. Byard is good to go at safety, but would like to see some help there. I like offense, but a really miss the days when we had a great defense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Good point, I didn't think pass rusher. We still have many needs , I guess it comes back to BPA is usually the best way to navigate the draft , with the exception being QB of course.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Can you provide any proof of this? I'd say the pass rush has done more than an ample job this year, and the secondary looks horrific. Denver has the best set of CBs in the league, Von Miller isn't the one making them look good.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You are serious.......right? LMAO

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agree with all except the 'JJ Watt' type. Much more likely I'd take another EDGE rusher than a DT-Watt type as I don't really see someone who fits that bill. More good EDGE rushers than usual in this draft...could probably still get a good one in round 3!

ILB is pretty deep AND talented for a change!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agree in principle but not in your execution. Barnett has a lot of sacks but he's not a speed rusher. Unless Allen turns into JJ Watt which I doubt, we will have the same problems on D as we have now if your plan is to turn McCourty loose and start subpar-mediocre cb's and HOPE we get enough rush to pressure the QB on every play. If you look at the best teams in the league at rushing the passer, most of them do it with awesome OLB pass rushers and even better when they have a pair.

Allen scares me a bit because he plays on such an unbelieveable D loaded with top talent, not sure how he'll be in tougher matchups in the NFL. I mean, when you have that DL and Williams, Anderson and co flying off the EDGE with a pretty good back 7...you live in the lap of luxury.

I'm all for improving our strengths, but the strength of a 3-4 zone blitz D are it's LB corp. The DL are usually stout against the run and there to tie up blockers to keep the LB's free to roam and wreak havoc.

I have no problem with Foster or a handful of other LB's, but our cb situation is below par and that can not stand. Denver has the perfect combo for pass D, great coverage and great pressure! Creates a great synergy!!! When one of those is seriously deficient, you have the opposite effect. And you've seen it this year...when we don't get a lot of pressure, our secondary gets carved up far too easily and far too often!!!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

They have a great pass rush and a great secondary!!! They ALSO make each other look great!!! Would love to have some semblance of their secondary and then our pass D would drastically improve!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar