Draft Hopes

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theShoemaker, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

1. Out of the available SS, I think Iioka fits. His size will allow him to defend TE ' S which is something he wasn't really asked to do in cinco though. Would be a much better help at stopping the run and he's a big hitter. Griffin was horrible at everything except hitting people. UPGRADE imo.
    2. Casey, agreed. The others not so much. Good depth but that is all. Wilkerson may want the money so pay the man and have he and Casey bookend with Morgan and Orakpo coming off the edges... who's gonna get doubled? UPGRADE imo.
    3. I grew up watching Earl Campbell, Franco, Czonka so I'm more of the power back lover than the scatbacks. Saying that I think 2 or 3 would. Henry (yes I know love or hate), Elliott who I just don't like for some reason and as I said Alex Collins is really growing on me after watching some re aired games.
    4. As I mentioned, yes we do have tons of holes and I gave multiple ways to fill those holes. C Mack, if Jeffries is allowed to test FA, Iloka at SS. As well as draft picks. Personally I'd love it to fall exactly the way I want it too but I'm also realistic and know it won't but one can dream. It is after all the off season.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I want to get some ballers on this team. Guys that will come in with the right attitude and shape this franchise. I think Ramsey is one of those guys being a hometown kinda guy. Henry is a freaking workforce and has the right attitude, he could be one of those guys. Josh Doctson is going to be a stud. I like Kelly in the 3rd to finish up our OL, he's intelligent and a stud as well.

I feel like we always take on these projects, reaches and no name kinda guys with quite a few of our picks. It's time to get some excitement back into this franchise. And yes I understand just because they're a big name they can't bust I really feel like this is the draft that will shape us for the next few years. It wasn't hard to draft Mariota, now let's see what we can do building around him.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we stay at #1, we'll go Tunsil.. which sadly is the most likely to happen. I want a trade back, but I just don't think there's an elite QB worth trading up for.

In the 2nd, there's like a million prospects I'd love.. my favorites: Corey Coleman, Vonn Bell, & Jaylon Smith (if he fell that far due to his injury) are some of my favorites.

However, it's hard to make a Titans big board until after the free agency period. Hopefully we're active in free agency and can bring in some help, because good lord does this roster need it.

4. Tommy Udo

Tommy Udo Practice Squad

Coleman has a slim to outside shot of falling but I doubt it. Jaylon probably doesn't make it out of the top 20.

Is there a reason why you would take Bell at the top of the second? I've seen places that have him ranked as the 4th or 5th best safety in this class.

5. kenny

kenny Starter

Hill & Woods are both free agents. Is there anyone currently on the roster that would fit at NT?? This is a deep D-line draft so there is a real chance of filling that hole with a rookie. Any opinions on who would be a good replacement at NT??

I don't think it's a spot we fill in the 1st or even 2nd round; but it is a spot we cannot afford to forget about. Maybe a good F/A or draft pick. I just hope we fill the spot with a very capable young man. Our D-line can be great. Casey is as good a 3/4 DE as you could ask for. Jones was solid his 1st year starting. Add a great NT and this D-line becomes a thing of beauty IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Guys Schwenke isn't good... But hes a center. Lets not pretend that one bad center would ruin the entire line. I agree get a replacement if possible, but I'd say LG is much more important (assuming Tunsil).

Just saying Jacksonville fans aren't particularly happy with Wisniewski, and want to upgrade from him too.

#26 rekirts, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Kelechi Osemele or bust for LG

8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Tunsil Osemele Schwenke Warmack Lewan

With Poutasi pushing Warmack to not suck. Tunsil and Lewan can figure out which side they play on, doesn't matter.

Plus if any of them get injured Osemele can kick it out at T.

One problem is someone might pay Osemele like a T rather than a guard.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

seriously cant understand how anyone watching the games still has hope for Schwenke, worst center in the league by a mile

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He is REALLY REALLY bad....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar