Draft Fred Davis then...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JJM1181, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJM1181

JJM1181 Camp Fodder

draft a WR second round.

I agree that we don't need to draft 3 late round WR's and hope one of them turns out. We need a WR in the frist or second round. I think Chris Davis could be a playmaker on offense.

Another thought...

We have talented WR's, we don't have a QB who can show that. Collins threw for 300+ yards during his start at Houston.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

your sort of losing me here. you want to draft a TE in the 1st then a WR in the 2nd?

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would take Matellus Bennett over Fred Davis, much bigger and a better frame for adding extra muscle. Both will be great receivers but Bennett will be a much better blocker.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and?

vince threw for 250 against the same texan team 6 weeks later and he actually threw 2 tds. collins didn't have any.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

VY had 400 yards total against Denver.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, the kerry collins comparison is a good one. If collins starts and plays 16 games with those same receivers he probably throws for 3600 yards. Vince in 15 games didn't even have 2600. Collins a career long 74 passing rating had an 80 rating with our supposedly garbage WRs and TEs.

The highest rating collins ever had with a team was his 5 years with the giants when he had a very good receiving corp plus tiki barber and a 78 average rating. In his 2 years with randy moss in oakland collins' passing rating was 76.

Collins in 82 passing attempts didn't have a single int. Vince with those same receivers averaged an int every 22 pass attempts.

10-20 against a very good tampa defense. ..

25-42 against houston..

10-13 against the colts..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vince young this year averaged 196 yards of offense a game throwing and running..

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how was that Jets game to start the 2006 season, where are those numbers?

I still remember that "phantom" sack where kerryfreakincollins put his non throwing arm on a Titan OLman and then waited for the pocket to collapse, when the sack did not come he popped up and tossed an incompletion. I am sure Fisher praised his veteran leadership of something who the heck knows. kerryfreakincollins should never have been signed and should be cut today.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dumb..

This year collins had a fair start in the system because he was in it from the beginning of camp. He obviously(To a person of normal mental capabilities) played well for us this year and had a great camp. He helped us to win a game against the texans that vince very possibly or probably would not have won since we needed 37 points to do it.

I'm not going to argue with nonsense.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you'd argue with anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar