Draft Day Tumbles

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Injury issues may push Jake Locker into the 2nd round.

And I hope they do.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I hope we get to choose between Mallett or Locker in the 2nd after we take our defensive game changer (Fairly, Bowers, Quinn, Peterson, etc..)

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Crap, my bad on that one. I keep getting Clayborn and Aldon Smith from Missouri mixed up for some reason.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That works for me.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Works for me as well.

Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, Peterson, Miller, or Quinn in the 1st round (in that order).

Mallett, Locker, or Ponder in the 2nd.

As for the 3rd: SS, DT, DE, ILB, or OG/C.

I'm hoping our draft goes like my secondary. I'd be nice if a decent LB or SS fell to us in the 3rd. My bet is McDaniels/Moore will be gone at SS and McCarthy will be the best LB available (I see Tulloch leaving)

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Haha, I figured you got him mixed up. I was like Clayborn is like 6'2 280-290 big boy, how the heck is he going to play LB.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If there are any questions at all about the health of Quinn or Bowers JJ watt should be the man. He is already their equal as a prospect.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I agree. Watt has a motor. The guy doesn't know when to stop.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I proposed this on titanscentral so let me know what you think.
    Swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for Kolb. The point value difference is about what a late 1st round pick is worth. The Eagles pick 23rd. We get a QB and we still have a 1st round and 2nd round pick. The Eagles get good value for Kolb and can then pick a shut down CB or whoever they want because there will be very good players for them.

At 23 guys like Watt, Heyward or Aldon Smith could be there along with the three 2nd tier DTs. Might even be worth snatching up Pouncy as our center if he is there. Either way we get a quality pick, have a QB who can start from day one and we still keep our 2nd rounder for BPA. We can then pick a QB in the 3rd or later based on value for development if we want. This would be a great year to make that kind of deal since the DL is stacked in the 1st round. Some real good prospects will drop and I'm not sure Pouncy might not be the best guy to pick if we go that route.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

ill tell you how i feel....

i think it sucks....we mise well trade back and pick up more picks to gain more talent through the draft and why trade for a qb that is unproven when we can trade back and draft one

kolb has only played in about about 3 or so games this year and didnt do enough for me to believe he is a franchise qb and that he got beat out by vick who didnt play football for two years...

we could draft another unproven player in the draft and actually gain more picks by trading back....

and pouncey is not a center---he showed that when he tried to switch to replace his brother at florida this year and he will be a guard in the nfl most likely next to his brother unless someone picks him up before them, i just dont see the steelers passing on pouncey after the production they got from his brother as a rookie

trade back with the eagles possibly and get their first and 2nd while giving them our 4th or 5th and then draft mallet or locker with our first

in the second we could focus on defense with both picks by drafting someone like marvis austin and paea/bruce carter and upgrade our defense....

it would be dumb and idiotic for bud adams to trade for kolb-losing draft spots-for a unproven qb when we could either trade back and gain more picks and get our unproven qb or draft defense in first and qb in second if we think the one that is our future will be there in the second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar