Draft Day Surprise - Jarvis Jones OLB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Just Win Baby, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I've been thinking how this could make sense. Say what you will, this guy can flat out play, and he proved it the last 2 years. He is an impact rusher from the OLB position. Yes we have Ayers and Brown as our starters. I like Ayers as a pass rusher, and so do our coaches. I believe we haven't picked up a pass rusher in FA because they plan to use him in that role much more this year. The one thing I dont like about Ayers is that he couldn't even cover an offensive lineman out in the flat. He is horrible in coverage.

Could it be possible we utilize him primarily as a pass rushing DE, and J. Jones becomes our starting OLB in his place? He is athletic enough to cover (upgrade there), and he will have 10+ sacks next year if used correctly. He supposedly has been cleared by the best medical doctors. Assuming that is true, he could really add a dynamic element to our defense next year. You all know Greg Williams is very aggressive with his defenses, and we all know this is HIS defense.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The problem I see with this is, nothing, solid idea, but we're taking a WR in the first.

Just kidding.

No I'm not.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nope.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ayers is better in coverage than Jarvis. I don't see this working.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Pass.

A 242 pound LB who runs anywhere between 4.92 and 5.0 in the forty. And I though Akeem Ayers was slow, LOL. I just don't see him really fitting anywhere in our 4-3. However a 3-4 team could use him outside I suppose although he is a tad on the light side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar