Draft Day (Official Theatrical Trailer)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Another Hollywood movie about the Browns :anon:

Plot; The general manager of the Cleveland Browns must fight to land the number 1 draft pick. The Browns have sucked for the past 13 years. Can Sonny Weaver, Jr. turn that around, or will he just drive the team into a deeper hole?

Will you be seeing this?

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm going to see it just because sportzzzz but I don't think it's going to be that good. Surely they're trying to get Moneyball success but Moneyball actually had a story and was executed very well, this movie? Idk but I guess we'll see.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm intrigued. Saw the trailer in the thater and it looked pretty good to me.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll wait for it to come out on some sort of medium I already pay for. This isn't the kind of movie that would be enhanced with the theater experience.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Pirate Bay

6. JCBRAVE

I like how you think. Every movie I come accross I first ask myslef if the theater experience makes the movie better or can I wait 3 months to see it for 10x less money.

I almost never see comedies at the movies for this reason.

7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I am SHOCKED there is really a NFL Draft MOVIE!! With REAL Oscar winning actors (well one). What I am curious about is where they go with it? Based on the plot, it cannot be based on real life because the Browns havent traded up to the 1st pick (maybe they should have) but it hasnt happened (at least not since I have been old enough to know what footbal was). So right there, its not based on a real story like Moneyball. And unlike Moneyball, the entire movie is JUST the Draft itself (or is it, do we know if any part of the movie is after the Draft?) I imagine now since its called "Draft Day".

SOOOO, since this is clearly a "What If" story. I wonder how the writers do with the rest of the NFL teams. Who are the main teams talked about? And will the Titans even be mentioned let alone seen in the movie??

I also wonder how they are going to keep the story going for 2 hours after the Browns make their pick??? LOL, if the plot is all about them getting the #1 pick, then what? They pick and we sit there saying, cool! Now we wait for the sequal "Game Day"

Unless I go to the bargain price $5.50 between 4 and 5:30, I won't be seeing this movie until its on Netflix or a movie channel, probably sometime in 2015

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Brings up another idea about football movies. I have always thought the story of the Titans coming to Nashville and they first season coming up JUST 1 yard short would make a GREAT movie. Just like Moneyball, there was great success only to just miss out. And the Music City Miracle, McNair almost getting sacked more than once on final drive.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Write the script.

Cast the movie.

Steve McNair -
    Eddie George -
    Kevin Dyson -
    Frank Wycheck -
    Jeff Fisher -
    Bud Adams -
    Jevon Kearse -
    Samari Rolle -
    Derek Mason -

10. JCBRAVE

too bad 3 of those guys passed away

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar