Draft Competition Anyone?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So my buds and I did one of these last year, they're pretty fun. I'm surprised ESPN or another fantasy sport hasn't picked up on something like this. If you want to participate let me know. Maybe TJ can make this sticky or something if it gets big enough. So basically you try to predict the 1st round.

So here's how it work. Basically one day before the draft, you'll need to submit your mock draft, team 1-32. No trades (to hard to predict). So you'll be predicting where the players go. So you'll list your mock, and after the actual draft happens you determine how much points you get. Not sure if we can get any type of prize, award, special title anything like that on this forum.

Here's how the scoring works:
    Exact Player = 10 pts
    Same Position = 2 pts

Pretty simple. So for example, I'll just do a Top5 mock and show it too you. Here's an example. The name in ()s is who the team actually drafted.
    1. Panthers - Blaine Gabbert - (Cam Newton)
    2. Broncos - Patrick Peterson - (Patrick Peterson)
    3. Bills - Marcel Dareus - (Von Miller)
    4. Bengals - AJ Green - (Julio Jones)
    5. Cardinals - Cam Newton (Blaine Gabbert)
    So I would get 2pts for the Panthers, 10 for the Broncos, 0 for Bills, 2 for Bengals, 2 for Cardinals... total of 16 points.

Positions are according to CBSSPORTS (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings). SS/FS = S. ILB/OLB = LB. DE = DE. DT = DT. Only thing that changes for DL, is if a team drafts a DT, but he'll play 3-4 DE. Robert Quinn & Aldon Smith count for both DE/OLB.

Easy enough? Should be fun.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Ill try

3. 24

24 Starter

4. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Count me in.

Question: what if we match player/slot but not TEAM (e.g. someone trades up to 4 for Jones) or player/team but not slot (e.g., Bills trade back but still take Dareus)? I think those two situations should also be worth points--maybe 5?

5. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I'm game. Got nothing better to do.

6. xpmar9x

You make a good point...

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Same. I'm in.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Count me in.

9. xpmar9x

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

cool, i'm in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar