Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

This exactly. The drop from an elite offensive tackle to a solid tackle isn't that much. The drop from an elite pass rusher to a solid pass rusher is drastic. The elite pass rusher is much more of a game changer. You can always find tackles to get the job done.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's go position by position in responce to Gut and some others.

Stop acting like we have the number 1 pick. Many of your most coveted players will be off the board when we pick.

RT-Plenty of free agents who can fill the void or we could reneg Stewart's contract and keep him for another year or 2. A guy like Albert would probably be too expensive. According to the Jerimiah draft only one OT will be off the board by the 11th pick which leaves a lot of good value there if we go that route. I have no problem with us taking a RT with that pick.

MLB-Mosley is off the board on most mocks before we pick. So just draft the next best guy for need? In my gut and in my mind Mosley to me is more Demeco Ryans than Luke Kueckly or Patrick Willis. Hs workouts might change my mind but he he has great workouts he is likely not going to be there. So stfu about MLB.

Elite pass rusher. News flash, everybody wants one. The 3 best pass rushers off thew board based on most mocks. Clowney, Barr and Mack are off the board now what do you do?

Big 3-4 NT. To me this is the dumbest idea you can imagine. Use the 11th pick on a guy to take up space. The 49ers don't have a single guy starting up front listed about 300 lbs. Ray Mcdonald 6'3 290, Justin Smith 6'4 285(remember a former 4-3 pro bowl end) and Glen Dorsey an under tackle type listed at 6'1 297. Now Dorsey is probably more like 310 but hardly a beat inside.

We had 6 D-linemen on our roster last year who weighed over 300 lbs. That's not enough? Mookie Johnson is listed at 328. What is the problem?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What player in this draft most looks like Alshon Jeffreys and Josh Gordon? 2 of the best players in the league last year in only their 2nd seasons.

Mike Evans does. If he is sitting there at 11 you have to take him, his impact value is greater than any other player you can draft who is not a QB.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok we need an elite pass rusher. So who is that person at pick 11? Clowney, Barr and Mack are off the board then who is this elite stud everybody is talking about?

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Another WR?

When we don't have a future RT/LT... A real pass rush DE nor a sure thing at QB?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It really all depends on who is on the board at 11. BPA! I do think we are fine on WR in general. I think pass rusher and MLB is a much greater need, a playmaker. OT and RB mid round. That being said, if a top 3 QB is there, they have to take him. Locker will never be "the one". If Watkins is there.....Trade bait or land him....

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I know most of us fans would be livid if another WR was taken #1 though...They really need a QB and defense pass rushers. Too many holes on the team

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't make generic comments about position identify who that player would be. I said that an OT is another good option but there is a high likelihood that 3 pass rushers and 3 Qbs will be off the board when we pick. So who is left that is so wonderful we would take them?

There is a drop off in edge rushers after Clowney, Barr and Mack all expected to go in the top 10 picks. Many mocks including the Jerimiah mock have Bridewater, Bortles and Manziel all coming off in the first 10 picks.

You want Dereck Carr with the 11 pick?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Name the QB and the pass rusher likely available at 11. You want to be like the vikings in 2011 and reach for a player just for position? We'll pass on an elite WR and take the 4th best QB or the 4th best pass rusher.

Name the player you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar