Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 18 users.
  1. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    Doesn't releasing Wimbley this year not make sense with the way his contract is structured?
    RollTide high fives this.
  2. titans92790 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $1,506
    Yeah, I messed up my post, Phillips says he's going to play OLB with Woodyard playing ILB, Wimbley stays and Titans go offensive in the draft..
  3. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    Phillips has said he wanted to play mainly LB or you're assuming that?
  4. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,872
    I don't understand the confusion. A 3-4 OLB is basically a defensive end! Who gives a crap if a guy is standing up or in a stance, it means nothing. Phillips played as a 3-4 OLB most of his career ad was a 4-3 end for the broncos last year. Were the results different?

We got him to rush the passer! Call them edge rushers if you are confused.
    steverife high fives this.
  5. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,611

3-4 ends need to be closer to 4-3 ends and 3-4 DTs than OLBs. With only one DT on the field, you will have a tough time controlling the trenches and stopping the run. You better have a big ass DT and large DEs. What you gain in athleticism and speed you usually lose in elbow grease. This is why I don't like the 3-4.
    nytitaner high fives this.
    • Staff / Moderator

Preditan @TitansNation_

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $13
  6. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,248
    I can see it...I could also see Ebron, especially if Barr, Mack, and Gilbert are off the board. I just saw an interview with Bortles. Kid see a to have the size, smarts, and attitude. He won't be around for #11 though
  7. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,248
    It could also make sense if either Whiz isn't sold on early draft QB prospects, or the guy he wants will go to early. This way, he gets his #1 receiver and can draft his QB later (ie, Jimmy G, McCarron, Murray, etc)
    • Staff / Moderator

Preditan @TitansNation_

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $13
    I'd love to see Ebron in a Titans uniform.
    JR1980 and GTFO my pancakz high five this.
  8. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,872
    I have fallen back on my position to draft a WR with our first pick. If Evans is there fine but it seems less likely that he will be there by then.

With Benjamin falling off a bit on some boards there is a possibility we could get him in rd 2 and i don't think cooks or Beckum are good value at 11 which would leave only Lee as a real possibility there.

Also it seems more likely that 2 of the top 4 Qbs may still be there when we pick and we could have a choice between a Carr or a Bridgewater or maybe even a Manziel or Bortles. With 2 out of that group of 4 available that gives us a nice choice to get the guy we want.

While i would not be upset if we took Ebron at 11 i'm not as convinced as some that he is head and shoulders better than some of the other TE prospects. It's all in what you want from that pick. I like a couple of those guys almost as much. Sefarin-Jenkins and Armano are big tall guys who might be better all around players.