Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I would also like to reiterate my man crush for Kyle Lyerla. I've watched a lot of Oregon games and this kid always stood out. He down right plays with nastiness and toughness something a lot of our players lack. Kind of guy who wants to score every time he touches the ball even dragged Mariota into the endzone on a option play.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Yeah, I've officially changed my mind on this topic. After watching how many 6'3+ guys ran 4.55 or better, I no longer want Evans at 11. My favorite receiver in this draft Jordan Matthews ran an official 4.46 at 6'3 and catches absolutely EVERYTHING. Couple that with his insane production and It would be an absolute steal if we got him anywhere after the 1st round. A potential sleeper might be Brandon Coleman out of Rutgers, LEGIT 6'6, 225 lbs, and ran a 4.56. Inconsistent catching the ball with his hands which is huge but I'd love to take a flyer on him in the 4th or after. Donte Moncrief is another size/weight/speed guy. It seems these "freaks" are becoming much more common.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Of course you factor in the caliber of player you would be able to get in the 2nd rd but 8 WRs will likely be off the board by the time we pick in the 2nd rd. Matthews will be one of them. I do like Moncrief a lot a big body guy who ran a 4.40 with a 39.5 vertical and was very productive at Ole miss. Moncrief in the 2nd would be a great choice.

Evans's size and athleticism is very uncommon it's not just 40 times. Those 2 inches and 18 pounds he has on Matthews makes him more uncommon and worth that 11th pick but he is a solid overall athlete who has great body control and leaping ability to go with that size.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I still have a problem in how Evans was a total non-factor in over half his games.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I do agree that there is a difference in the caliber of talent but for our team's needs I'd prefer to take a guy like Matthews or Moncrief in the second and still be a able to get a defensive playmaker if he's there at 11. I'd be great to land a stud like Evans but I think any big bodied receiver with a solid game would fat what I think we need. The reason I mention Matthews's 40 is because to me speed was the only question I had about him period. He was EXTREMELY productive in the SEC, catches everything, knows how to get open,has a very above average frame, is a very high character/work ethic guy (requesting tape on senior bowl DBs), and now we can add great downfield speed with a 4.4 40. When a guy is able to answer your questions you move him up your board.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I know we already have KW, but Brandin Cooks is ridiculous.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI The updated mocks for Jeremiah and Davis both have the Bills taking Evans with the 9th pick.

Based on the combine workouts this thread from my point of view has been the Mike Evans thread. He had the better workout than Benjamin or Lee though either is very viable with the 11th pick. Evans is a screaming choice at 11.

Everybody complains that we have too many needs to meet in the draft but the draft comes after free agency so we know that many needs will be addressed before then. We already resigned Pollard, expect Ropati to also get on board. Tommy said we will be active again this year and i believe him.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Ropati is coming back without a doubt..Especially with this transition to the 3-4. I love the Bernard signing, and if they can get a Tackle in FA and fill some of those needs, I agree that they take the BPA/Weapon at #11 unless you trade back because who they want is gone. Like I said before, I am not opposed to them snagging a WR/TE as long as they are a playmaker/day 1 starter type. I also see them getting a RB at some point probably rounds 2-4. I just really hope that they make some solid FA sighings and cut fat elsewhere

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I really think Verner is leaving, which may up the ante for them to draft Gilbert or Dennard and let them compete with Wreh-Wilson/Sensabaugh. At least, that's how it appears anyway.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

What is amazing is the stats and records matthews set in the sec without a very good qb, for his entire career. He may not be a super star but he is going to be a solid pro for a decade. It just really sux that we do not have a 3rd pick in this draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar