Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

What's everyone opinion on Colt Lyerla as an undrafted rookie this year.

Major character problems after cocaine arrest and quitting on the team, however tons of talent if he gets his head straight could be a gem.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You only take character guys if you are an established team with leaders. Too much to lose otherwise.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Watch his tape guy plays hard, keeps his feet moving after contact, great hands and speed. Anyone is naive to think that just the 1 to 2 guys that get caught with drugs are the only ones doing them in college. We took a chance on blunt but let him go, he has had success where he goes.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lyerla had a nice overall workout.

I'm starting to think this 11th pick is a choice between Evans or Benjamin. If both Matthews and Robinsion are off the board. Evans perhaps better down the field but Benjamin very good at medium routes in the slot matched up with a strong safety.

I prefer both of them to any TE at this point.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Benjamin 6'5 240 ran a 4.53. Can't ignore that.Looked nice in some of the drills so far.

Evans is a hair under 6'5 231. 4.50.

Both these guys have 35 inch arms.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Evans timed in his 2nd 40 run @ 4.47.

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I would not be mad at that pick.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sapp and Baldinger had their own mock draft alternating the picks and Baldinger had the Bills taking Ebron with the 9th pick.

He's a nice prospect but not at the same level as a guy like Evans. Based on his workout today you have to consider Evans at 11 no matter who is there. .

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I can see some merit in trading down this time. Not really that "one" player we must have at 11. Not that I can see, anyway.

Get that third back for a RB!

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I would take Evans at 11 all day, speed or not. He showed up to the combine lighter then his listed weight (probably to improve his 40 time). He will only get bigger and stronger, and is going to be a hell of a match up problem in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar