Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 18 users.
  1. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    What's everyone opinion on Colt Lyerla as an undrafted rookie this year.

Major character problems after cocaine arrest and quitting on the team, however tons of talent if he gets his head straight could be a gem.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,453
    You only take character guys if you are an established team with leaders. Too much to lose otherwise.
  3. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    Watch his tape guy plays hard, keeps his feet moving after contact, great hands and speed. Anyone is naive to think that just the 1 to 2 guys that get caught with drugs are the only ones doing them in college. We took a chance on blunt but let him go, he has had success where he goes.
  4. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    Lyerla had a nice overall workout.

I'm starting to think this 11th pick is a choice between Evans or Benjamin. If both Matthews and Robinsion are off the board. Evans perhaps better down the field but Benjamin very good at medium routes in the slot matched up with a strong safety.

I prefer both of them to any TE at this point.
  5. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    Benjamin 6'5 240 ran a 4.53. Can't ignore that.Looked nice in some of the drills so far.

Evans is a hair under 6'5 231. 4.50.

Both these guys have 35 inch arms.
    DeeT04 high fives this.
  6. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    Evans timed in his 2nd 40 run @ 4.47.
  7. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,755

I would not be mad at that pick.
  8. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    Sapp and Baldinger had their own mock draft alternating the picks and Baldinger had the Bills taking Ebron with the 9th pick.

He's a nice prospect but not at the same level as a guy like Evans. Based on his workout today you have to consider Evans at 11 no matter who is there. .
  9. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,226
    I can see some merit in trading down this time. Not really that "one" player we must have at 11. Not that I can see, anyway.

Get that third back for a RB!
  10. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,437
    I would take Evans at 11 all day, speed or not. He showed up to the combine lighter then his listed weight (probably to improve his 40 time). He will only get bigger and stronger, and is going to be a hell of a match up problem in the NFL.