Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Picking Ebron would be extremely interesting.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

Just imagine the mismatch potentials....This would also free up Wright/Hunter...Just a thought though. I would be VERY happy with a pass rusher/defensive playmaker as well...
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Makes me think of how much room Ebron would clear for Wright when running short-intermediate routes. He also seems like a solid blocker which would help the run game. This is part of the reason I wanted to take a guard last year. Now we are free to draft a true impact player on either side of the ball.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

After further review if Mack is gone I want Ebron.
  5. 520

520 Starter

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would not complain about Ebron at all. Replace Stevens with him and that is a big skill position upgrade.

Like Jared cook but he can block.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If Ebron creates mismatch opportunities and opens the way for our other players than so also would a Vincent Jackson type WR(Evans) he just won't be lining up on the line. Much of what Ebron would do as a receiver would be from the slot. We have Wright and Walker to work the slots. having another stud on the outside would be better i think.

Still nothing against Ebron.
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

Totally fine with that, I just hope they go big body if they are working the outsides. Someone that can go up and get the ball in coverage and make things happen. Not a slot guy. I am fine with either. I think we all can agree that we just want a playmaker on either side of the ball, an immediate impact type of guy.
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Does Kelvin benjamin enter the conversation this high in the draft. He's moving up the charts and 6'5 235 is elite size for a WR.

What i like about Mike Evans is that he was a good enough basketball player in high school to almost go to Texas on a basketball scholarship. He averaged 18 points and 8 rebounds in high school and those skills seem to translate well on the football field. The body control and the hand eye coordination. This is a 6'5 guy who will probably have one of the highest verticals among all the WR prospects. And he looks like he spent a lot of time in the weight room.
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mayock said that WR and OT are the deepest positions in the draft the deepest he has seen in a long time. He said that there are 10 Wrs in this draft that will be starters right away in the nfl and should go off in the first 2 rounds.

This is a case for drafting a Wr at 11 because you can have your pick of the best of a great group but it also tells us that we can get a damn good value at that position in the 2nd rd.

Could be that a WR is the BPA in both rounds.