Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think there's any doubt he slides to the second.

Tank Carrardine fell to the second after tearing his ACL. Easley has torn both of his, although he's a better player than Carrardine.

If he's there at 42 I'd take him though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Then the question has to be asked why they dropped. In every draft a top 10 guy drops out but the fall is usually more than a few picks. The reasons you might have wanted the guy in the first place may change.

That said i remember Terell Suggs dropping a bit after a 4.84 40 time on his pro day and look what kind of player he became. So if Barr or Mack had a disappointing workout it could create an opportunity for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

3-4 ends, a great position picking 11th.

Everybody talks about current needs and we seem to have plenty of guys who are well suited for that 3-4 end position like Martin, Klug and Pitouatua if we resign him. But this is a great draft for athletic DT prospects and not a great draft for NT types.

The kid out of Minnesota, Hageman looks like a Richard Seymour clone and Jernigan will probably be on the board at 11. The kid out of Pitt looks like a viable 1st rd player.

If we can't get an elite edge rusher than maybe we can get a Sheldon Richardson type guy to improve our pass rush from the inside.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Casey and a good compliment would be filthy.....

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

One of the criteria for drafting a player 11th is that you want a player who is definitively better as a prospect than players you could get the next round. That's why you have to consider a WR. Watkins, Evans and Lee are definitively better than the players you will have available in rd 2.

Sorry Vandy fans but Matthews is not at that level. Matthews in rd 2 is not bad value at all, i would prefer Odell Beckham but in Watkins and Lee you have guys with sick skill sets who were totally dominant. In Evans you get a good athlete with good skills and incredible size.

Marquise Lee stood out in a conference of good WRs and skill players. He was head and shoulders above everybody else. You can't pass on guys like this just because it is not a top need position.

In 1985 the 49ers did not have a major need for a WR. They had 3 pretty good players there but drafted Jerry Rice anyway. In 1998 the vikings already had a pro bowl WR but drafted Moss anyway.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I wouldn't be opposed honestly. I know it sounds crazy, but we lose Britt and Washington and D-Will are true #1s.

We get Wright, #11 pick, with Hunter/Nate/ D-Will and we keep a solid core of WRs. Then again, we really do have a ton of need on D and questions at QB and RB.

7. Fry

The 49ers had Joe Montana and Moss was drafted when Chris Carter was 33.

We have an unsettled QB situation and two talented receivers under 25.

I'm not opposed to Watkins or Lee, but I think it would be overkill.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think the biggest problem that could become of this, is if Wright keeps doing what he is doing and Hunter comes along very well. With the rookie also playing at a high level. It would almost seem like a waste of a pick at that point, and you certainly cannot afford 3 players at the same position.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

I think that's a good problem to have, but you can't extend all of them. So we're really reaping the benefits for three years, while we still don't have a QB to use these guys properly.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What does our Qb situation have to do with it? You mean the next Montana is automatic with the 11th pick? Or we should trade our whole draft for the great Blake Bortles?

So you wait until you have a pro bowl QB and then draft great play makers? We will line up in 3-4 WR sets 50% of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar