Draft a WR @ 11!.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 things have happened recently to make me think this.

1. Sammie Watkins destroying Ohio State. If he is there at 11 you can't pass on him!

2. Marquise Lee comes out. That is another stud worth taking that high.

I'm normally the last person to pound the table for that position. I'm normally a meat and potatoes guy who likes linemen and defense. I hate all these ego cases like Ochocinco or Terrell Owens.

But in the last 6-7 drafts WR has actually been one of the more reliable positions. Very few 1st rd picks have not become impact players and this last draft was no exception. Patterson was a beast with the football and Deandre Hopkins despite injuries and a poor QB had over 50 catches and 800 yards.

The top 3 guys are Watkins-lee-Evans... Add any one of those guys to what we already have and we can blow teams up even with an average QB. Who can matchup with us?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good lord, no.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Evans is super inconsistent.

There are actually a couple of 2nd roundish guys that I really like - Allen Robinson from Penn State and Brandin Cooks from Oregon State.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We need to draft a WR whose surname starts with W

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If Evans runs a sub 4.50 40 you grab him with both hands at 11. 6'5 225 he is a beast and still only 20 years old.

As for consistency you could have said the same thing about Julio Jones at Alabama who didn't even crack 600 yards his soth season. Evans averaged 76 catches for 1250 yards the last 2 seasons and had his 2 best games against Alabama and Auburn this year.

Not sure what more you could want he increased his yards and Tds from the year before even though teams were treating him as the feature guy.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another thing about Mike Evans. He was a damn good basketball player in high school. An all area player. Didn't even play football until his senior season.

A similar background in some ways to Jimmy Graham. Expect his vertical to be about 38 inches. He has gained 45 lbs of muscle since high school.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I would like us to consider:
    Jordan Matthews
    Davante Adams
    Kelvin Benjamin

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Can we find someone to get the ball to the WRs we already have?

• High Five High Five x 14
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. Plus we have 2 really high picks at WR. How many 3WR sets are we really going to use, to make that 1st rd pick worth it? It would just keep either hunter or wright on the sideline more.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Looks like he has the talent to be special in the NFL, but I question his attitude. Seems like a big time crybaby that loves to rant when the ball isn't in his hands.

Better hope he goes to a good team with a good QB or else his diva attitude will be his downfall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar