D'Qwell Jackson vs. Abdul Hodge

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Record, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

There's a lot of disagreement regarding whether we go ILB in the second round, but supposing we do, has anyone seen enough of either of these guys to have a solid opinion? Is there a good chance they'll both be available to us in the second?

All I've seen is highlight clips of last season. From the very limited exposure, it seems Hodge is a harder hitter, possibly a better run stuffer and Jackson looked more finesse, faster and excellent in coverage.

I have to admit, it was fun to watch Hodge slamming running backs to the ground. Jackson seemed to always be in the right spot to make a play but used his speed more than power.

2. I haven't seen much of footage of these guys play, but with what I have seen, is just like Broken Record said, Jackson uses his speed to win plays more than his power. I liked Hodge but I prefer Jackson, as I like a LB with speed.

Also, if we have guys like Bulluck that can ''slam backs to the ground'', so it's not as if we would miss out too much on Hodge being picked.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I completely agree. If we were going to go with a slow, hard hitter, we'd just have kept Kassell...

4. ya speed is what u need now, and even if he doesnt use power to hit, if hes fast he can build up speed and nail em just hope they dont juke or anything

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jackson is a good player but in a 40 yard dash Bulluck would beat Jackson by about 10 yards. I would hardly call him real fast. From a value standpoint I would pass on either of them and get a CB, OT or RB in the second depending on who drops.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think both of these guys are top tier talent at their positions. Out selection of between these players may not come down to physical attributes or our scheme but the character of the player. I Love P Jones as a player but I would have to have another distraction in teh locker room.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Neither Hodge nor Jackson are ideal MLBs. They both are undersized and do not have great speed. I would pass on both in the 2nd or at least trade down and then pick one of them. I don't see our defensive scheme changing to include more MLB and less nickle with either of those 2 guys and thus the value to the Titans is less. The LBs are deep this yr and a solid MLB can be had on day #2.

I think a road-grader type of OG would have more impact than a MLB. With good value probably on the board where we pick in the 2nd.

8. Round 2 is going to be very interesting for the Titans

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like Jackson over Hodge. I agree with taking the faster LB since we are trying to move to an all fast line of LBs. I understand Jackson isn't Bulluck or Thornton speed, but he is faster than Hodge and knows coverage well. Jackson could come in an play right away.

Darnell Bing or Ko Simpson will probably also be there for us in the second, or at least one of them. So we could take one of them.

Or just address the O-Line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar