Donte Stallworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Did you happen to see that TD catch that DWill had last week??? If memory serves, that was a football, and was likely one of the best catches and foot control excercises I have seen in a long time.

I agree that, with Nate down, we need help. BUT, to make sweeping statements like this about our WRs is just silly...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What's Nates and Hawkins injury situation anyway?

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Stallworth got released for a reason but you were ok with the idea of bringing him in BECAUSE HE CANT BE ANY WORSE.

There's a simple idea that you can't understand.

LT was released once, was he done? Terrell Owens was released once, he was controversial and lazy just like Albert Haynesworth, and then he went on to catch 127 passes and 14 touchdowns in 2 seasons after he was by your logic, "done".

Your logic is flawed. Deal with it.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Stallworth is an option because we have 3 WRs down.

LT is done. He's a backup.
    TO was never lazy.

It's amusing that someone with no clue would be so arrogant.

5. TheSureThing

LT had nearly 1000 yards, a 4.2 average, 6 touchdowns, and 52 receptions last year and he was released last offseason. He was done though?

T.O. took plays off all the time.

Someone with no clue? What do you have then? You're so delusional you think Donte Stallworth could put on a Hawkins jersey and we would be able to tell the difference on sundays.

Even a halfazzing Albert Haynesworth is better than anyone on our d-line, and the potential to get anything out of him alone makes him worth a minimum contract.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Obviously his 3.3 yards before and 3.3 yards after show it was an anomally and a benefit to splitting carries. But then again I'm sure you'd be for signing him based on one good season rather than 2 mediocre ones.

No he didn't. He also played a Superbowl with a fractured leg and sprained ankle.

Intelligence. Obviously.

Again, injuries to Hawkins and Washington means we possibly need a WR.

There is no potential to get anything out of him. Washington and New England didn't. Why would we?

Oh right, because he did it once before therefore he will do it again.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Didn't we just pick up Avery? Where's he been?

8. TheSureThing

I'd be for signing him because his 3.3 ypc right now would give our runningbacks a run for their money. In other words, he couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

fooled me.

Hawkins' vag is always going to be hurt, and Washington is expected to play vs Carolina. So there is no need at receiver. But there is a bunch of sucky d linemen that could be benched asap.

The receiver position should have been addressed 2 weeks ago with Brandon Lloyd, but you were probably against that too.

He's been lobbying to come back to tennessee for a while now. It's too late now but with no risk involved and giving up nothing I don't see how its not worth a shot.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We signed him on September 28 (42 days ago) and he has recorded an impressive 0 catches.

But according to everyone here, he's a better option than Stallworth. Last time I checked it just doesn't get worse than ZERO catches. But hey, that's just me.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

To be honest and realistic this Palmer offense is a read And option route offense. Getting ^in the same page as what Hass reads and doing what is expected would take some time. That's why we havnt seen and won't b signing any free agents... Its taking time to learn the progressions and being on target... It's like building a house with a brand new hand... Doesn't work right away.

But stallworth will not be a Titan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar