Don't start a battle unless you are ready for a war ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blazing Arrow, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

So my neighbor in all his wisdom decide to call the city on me about weeds in my backyard. Granted they were over grown but I had been back at my house for a little over a month and it was not my top priority.

That is what prompted the thread about the weed eater in the gear forum.

Well I did my time and pulled 30 large bags out of the back and got it back to a respectable level; even setup a play ground for my little girl to play in with climbing structures, a couple slides and a sand box.

Well in my neighbors haste to out me he forgot that he has an unpermitted 'shed' that is larger then his house and to close to the main structure to even get a permit.

So it cost me $20 at the dumps and butt load of labor (my labor) to clean up the back but the inspector happened to notice the structure in his yard. I might have made reference to it while she was taking her final pictures. She mentioned that there was no way that should be there and a letter would be sent out tomorrow. It is not something he can fix by just applying for a permit but it will need to now be removed. If he doesn't it gets $100 fines that double each month until it is removed. Sucks to be him I guess. I let the thing slide for 6 years but when you think it is necessary to call the city on your neighbor you sure as hell better keep your own house inline. :)

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

karma bit your neighbor in the @ss.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

haha that's awesome.

4. Blazing Arrow

The guy even had the nerve to complain about my daughters play house in my front yard. I have a decent sized front yard and she loves to play house and cook in it.

Oh the guy also uses his garage door as a front door. Seems to think normal people do that. I would not be bothered but the door is on my side of his house. He tore out his fencing to make it more accusable and takes time to come out at least 3 times a day to spit on my property. Not just a normal spit but hocks it up then lets it fly.

Well I asked the lady if I was in my rights to build the fence back up on my properly and she told me I was good with no permit.

I wonder how he is going to like the lattice work fence with honey suckles during bee season. My friends suggest I go out from time to time and spray them with sugar water. You know to entice pollination.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Not good to be fighting with your Neighbor.

it could go further. if he has to bring down his buiding, it might make him mad enough to damage your property or steal your Mail etc... you never know.

i wouldnt want to leave my home knowing i had a neighbor that hated me.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is an episode of Sanford and Son where almost this exact same thing happens.. Fred calls codes on Julio. Codes give Julio a city letter of appreciation and Fred gets fined for all the violations..

7. Blazing Arrow

Normally I am in complete agreement. If they guy had asked me to deal with the weeds for what ever reason I would have ... but to call the city on me was over the line.

I have bitten my tongue for 6 years while I have owned this property. Even helped the guy when he was sick to clean up his yard. Had a hauler come out once and allowed him to add things to the pile at my expense and how does he repay me? He calls the city on me after a little more then a month.

Karmas a b*tch at times.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Some people are just users and try to walk all over you.Being smart about your revenge is way more fun than violence.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

nothing a couple cameras couldnt fix.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Neighbor disputes can get out of hand... When I was in college, me and a couple of guys rented a house on Blackmon. Our neighbor was this drunk redneck who would dump his trash in our yard when we had "parties". So, we covered his yard in instant mashed potatoes. The whole thing ended with him coming at one of my roommates with a bat and the cops getting called. They found a meth lab in his house and bruises on his wife. We got asked to leave at the end of our lease. Fun times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar