Don't See The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

havent you ever seen a movie with open endings that never got a sequel?

Fox will pick it up because it makes money, if there is a 4th one.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Jean Grae was returned in the comic book as Phoenix. Where's the stretch?

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I don't know anything about the comic book. And I did mention irony in my opinion. Nothing in the comic world is REALLY a stretch.

--Avvie "Learning to reconsider my standards" Hughes

4. For one, the way they changed so many of the character backgrounds (i.e. Phoenix, Juggernaut, Calisto as prime examples).

Secondly, the plot sucked. They tried to cram too much in. And in the end, my guess is the whole "cure" will be meaningless because all the mutants will probably get their powers back.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well Magneto got his back.

They can only do so much with the backstories. I'm fine with it.

The plot was rushed and crammed though.

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

There are thousands of Christian denominations in America that all use the same Bible. Last I checked it's the same one that Catholics use. It's safe to say that lots of people interpret what it says much diferently so to say that that movie goes against everything that the catholic church stands for is a little bit of a stretch. Most Catholics don't really care about the movie in general it's just the Vatican in Rome. They are always pissed about anything that come out that has anything ever to do with religion. They were pissed about the Passion of Christ too. I grew up Catholic and I've already seen the movie. Other than bringing up a few possible senerios, there wasn't anything in the movie that could prove that Jesus had kids (or not) and considering that author made up several points in the story and incorperated several unconfirmed hypothetical facts I think that calling it fictional is more than fair.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not true. Catholic bibles contain 73 books of scripture, Protestant bibles contain 66. There are 7 books in the Old Testatment that aren't included in Protestant bibles.

What has most of us Catholics upset about the book/movie is not just the interpertation of the Bible, but rather the depiction of Opus Dei, which is a Catholic group not a Protestant one.

Not true. "They" liked Mel Gibson's movie, The Passion of the Christ.

8. Yea, I thought it was the Jews that were pissed off or something

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWuRTWoC7BI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CWuRTWoC7BI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Catholics have extra books like 1 Clement and other books(I forget what the extra stuff is called...it begins with an A).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar