Don't See The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

On the plus side, X4 looks like it's gonna happen.

*Crosses fingers for Gambit and Apocolypse

***SPOILER****

So is the loss of power temporairy, or is it permanent? Because Magneto went out like a straight puss.

I also don't think Cyclops is dead.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i'm pretty certain they said it was the last one.

Wolverine spin-off is happening though

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:hmm:
    huh?
    The Left Behind series of books do that as well but I don't know that they serve a negative purpose. I don't know how these things work... a movie like this or the slaughter of the Holocaust as you like to compare it too... it could be grand design meaning that if the Zebra in the sky does/does not want us to play the ball where it lies so who are we to challenge the spot? I for one am baffled at what kind of play you are trying to make on the proverbial ball. I think you dropped it when you told me three minutes after your post that my foot was in my mouth. That's the nice thing about golf. If you hit it ob all you've got to do is take a drop. ;) (and a penalty stroke of course) :ha:
    This has got to be one of the most confusing, conflicting posts I have ever read... You want this movie to be taken as truth?
    I called it a lie. What more do you want from me?

Here's a work in progress...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vinci_Code

Instead of telling me what's wrong with me (sorta) tell me what is wrong with who is writing what the "truth" is... Then maybe I can understand where you are coming from...
    I never said anything close to that. On the whole, I agree, however, I did not respond to the thread to talk about the divinity of Christ and the universal faith of Christianity. The idea of this film destroying Christianity is ludicrous by virtue of the simple fact that there is too much balogna in it, first and foremost the assertion that Jesus and Mary Magdalene relationship was of a carnal nature. I like to think that Christian faith is stronger than that.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I bet Dan Brown is just reading a bunch of these threads all over the interest and just sitting back and smiling.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I see that the Mods aren't awake yet...

--Avvie "Boy these lines are blurry" Hughes

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

eh now! I've done very good in this thread to toe the line. I haven't crossed the "Koresh"-hold...
    [​IMG]
    I don't even disagree with what he is trying to say, I think...
    mostly I think he doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about...
    which is a dangerous thing to let Bipolar think...
    because Bipolar just likes to type... so, if you let me think things...

I might never shut up!!! :lol3:

so, mess with Bipolar at your own risk...:ha:

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Considering it made 44.5 million on the first DAY, and is probably going to break American records for debuts, count on being a 4. They're setting up a 4th anyway.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

means nothing.

the name of it suggests it was the last one and I am quite certain it was said it was the last one, regardless of an open ending.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I posted in the other thread, but I'll add a couple things here about X III.

Character developement: There's really not any necessary...the core folks are still here, and we already know about them. The new ones are pretty expendable.

Wherever Cyclops is, he can't see too good. Though the ending was left slightly open, it would be too ridiculous to explain any resurrections (yeah, I know, irony). Jean Grey's return was really pushing it.

Starkiller, what were you pissed off at? The plot? Grey and Wolvy?

BTW, Kelsey Grammer looks much better in blue fur than he does as Frasier.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Gunny, please. :ha:

So, you're saying because the title implies something, that we should disregard not only certain scenes in the movie, but also that this is one of the highest grossing film debuts, ever?

Fox won't pick it up (one of the higher up execs doesn't like the franchise), but someone will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar