Don't See The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

PM me starkiller.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm Catholic and if I want to talk about Jesus Christ in any shape or form in these forums I'm obligated to keep it in a historical context. The DaVinci Code is a lie... Is that what you want dude? If you are such a critic of Rome then why are you popping off about how this film makes Catholics feel or even have an opinion in that regard? :suspect: The movie is fiction, loosely based in two actual histories... It is up to oneself to discern what he or she perceives to be good or bad, evil or glorious in nature. Myself, I would not waste my time with it. I'm familiar enough with it's content to know that it has the same appeal to me as free oral surgery. I don't understand why you come out stomping Catholics as if you can not stand them yet are concerned with how they feel towards certain issues. I know enough about the world to see that the world is not pure. Any world that could give prior generations the WWII holocaust is lucky to have something as lame as The DaVinci Code to be "the big evil" or whatever you are making the film out to be. I've got more sense than to intentionally rattle my beliefs. Oh yeah, and since you mentioned outraged Jews... Hollywood is run by Judiac peoples.
    [​IMG]

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not everything you read is truth, especially when what you read comes from the biggest supporters of Jesus.

4. TitanFan4Life

First of all, where did I say I was a critic of rome? Where did I "stomp catholics" bipolar? Quote on example where I "stomped" them. Yea, I don't think you are going to find any example, so how about you re-read what I wrote and edit your post so you don't look like such an idiot.

I think I was the one saying pay them respect. Once again you prove your ignorance by pulling statements out of thin air, and putting words in others mouths.

I just said that I am the first to question Catholicism and one of their biggest critics, being raised catholic and questioning it over the years. I simply stated that you can't justify what Dan Brown did as just putting it off as 'well its just fiction' because what he wrote is a complete MOCKERY of the Catholic faith.

I am not stupid enough to go out and protest the movie, or claim that it is "a great evil" I am just simply stating, BIPOLAR, that you can not intelligently just put this movie off as mere fiction.

5. TitanFan4Life

Let's make sure BIPOLARS original post is made public so he doesn't change his ridiculous statements.

6. TitanFan4Life

Exactly gunny. My point exactly, one of my biggest issues with the Catholic Church is that it has become to dependent on humans, and humans are tainted. They can change whatever they want about the faith to make it more appealing to a certain situation.

7. TitanFan4Life

Looks like our friend BIPOLAR has his foot in his mouth. If you have no comeback, you can just admit defeat, apologize, delete your ignorant post and move on.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

They were doing that centuries ago.
    That is why it is still here.

Something tells me this is really about a nun that hit you on the knuckles when you were in grade school. In my heart I hold some truth as I manuver my way through a world of lies. I am my own judge for what I allow to affect me. As I pointed out earlier, the film The Last Tempation of Christ sparked this same nerve among the public... Which you might find it odd that fundamentalist conservative Christians of all sorts of denominations are to one degree or another unhappy that this movie is out there. Catholics may talk from the pulpit about this sort of thing but I don't know that my brothers at the Knights of Columbus are organizing a rally at the local cinemaplex. I'm really a bit miffed where all this is coming from. I don't entirely agree with the notion that Michael Moore's work is fiction, from a technical standpoint, put I can see Overalls statement being kinda comparative... I didn't want to start with him over something stupid when I get what he's saying... I don't really give a jack who sees this movie. Have you seen it? Did you enjoy it? What about it did you like the most? I really was never a opponent of it. I don't think it is worth it. There is too much real danger in the world to bother with something so trivial as a Ron Howard movie.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The biggest problem with the Da Vinci Code is that it has the general public polarised. One half thinks it's all nonsense and the other half thinks it's all truth.

However the fact is that it's a fictitious story based on a number of true historical facts as well as a number of false historical facts. Certainly a lot of the conclusions Brown draws are false or at best highly speculative (the whole bloodline deal), but much of the underlying facts are true (the church oppressing women).

I would seriously suggest anyone in either camp to do more research, instead of just dismissing the other side out of hand.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Um, my whole point was that the movie was boring, uninspired, and took it's plot way too seriously. Bad movie IMO.

X3 is what it is. I dunno what you were expecting (I never read the comics), but I thought it was decent; better than X1, but not coming close to X2.

"I'm the Juggernaut *****!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar