Don't mean to tarnish the "chosen one", but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sukrillux, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Yes, he turned around at the last second and swatted the ball away.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If your on the man, and never look, it will discourage younger qb's from making that throw, but obviously, you have to be step for step if you are going to do that, and you'd better hope the experienced qb doesn't make that throw. I am not totally against that kind of Defense, but you have to sense when the ball is coming and face guard or something. Which he seems incapable of doing, if he is even in position at all.

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

If GW was the DC, Finnegan would be the starting CB. He played well when Hill missed a start earlier in the year.

4. You mean like how Donald Mitchell got so much playing time as a rookie back in 1999? Gregg admitted later on that he wished he had used Mitchell more that year.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I still remember the Philly game, where Finnegan marked his guy on a deep route step for step, looking back most of the time. He played the ball better than the receiver, and almost intercepted it. Why this guy isn't playing corner I don't know.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Finnegan runs a 4.3 both ways which is why he should be playing ahead of Hill. Seriously Hill seems to have stiffer hips. His straight line speed seems fine but when he has to adjust he simply can't do it. Finnegan on the other hand looks much more loose and athletic.

7. I think they like Finnegan as the nickel because of his tackling ability, so that's where they started him out. It's possible that they don't move him outside because they don't want to overload him as a rookie. But I do think that he could play outside and might be better than Hill there. We may never know for sure, however.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here's a thought

before we go Schwartifying any more potential talent, let's get Chief Red Hat out of the Wig-Wam

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

First, he admitted that he was wrong. Schwartz doesn't say I should start Finnegan.

Second, in 1999 our defense was good. No need to make drastic changes. Before last week we were ranked near the bottom which would indicate to me I need to change something. If you are already ranked in the top 5 (1999) there would be less urgency to change personnel.

Donald Mitchell is example of how I think GW takes less talented players and gets the most out of them. He was never the same player, not even after he left for Dallas.

10. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Good point!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar