Don't mean to tarnish the "chosen one", but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sukrillux, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

pacman probably jumped 40 inches in the air on that play. something i have noticed is when there is a jump ball on hill he rarely leaves his feet.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

How do you think Pac saw the ball and jumped to swat it away if he wasn't looking at it? Pac was cleary turned around in time. Hill can't manage that.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yes, this has been an issue with him. It's like he has no instincts. He's been in very close coverage, and still not made a play on the ball several times. Maybe we can get him an ear piece and have someone yell "BALL!!!" when it's time.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: at least he'd jump

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He was right at our sidelines in the Colts game when he got burned. Someone probably did yell, he just doesn't get it. He actually might be better if he played a yard or so off the receiver so he could make a play on the ball or time his jump better. It astounds me that most people on this board can clearly see the problem but it remains every week. Don't the coaches ever see this or try to correct it?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who burned him in the Colts game? When?

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I remember him getting beat by Reggie Wayne, but i'm not sure if that's the play they are talking about.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if Hill were any taller passes would hit him in the back of the head

here's a clue : when the WR put his hands up - put your hands up

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Gunny, the reason Hill can't do what Jones and other talented CBs do (i.e. look back at the QB to read the play and react to the ball in the air), is because he lacks ball skills. If you have good, solid mechanics while locked onto the reciever, you shouldn't worry about interfering with the wideout. This is a pretty simple technique that's hard to master (coming from a HS cornerback), but at the NFL level, it's an absolute MUST to be considered a competant CB. Hill just doesn't have it yet.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I blame Scwartz :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar