Don't get too excited, 3-0 but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is definitely our toughest test so far.

i think we'll see a lot of 4-4-3 defense this week. think the playoff game against the ravens a few years back.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I guess I should've been more specific. Bironas/Hentrich kicking ability.

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

EXACTLY

Not to mention this thread suggests we should be more excited if we were
    1-2 but we played better.

Get excited as hell!
    This could be the Titans best start ever!!!!
    I'll let you know next week :)

4. Nine

Nine Starter

They probably wouldn't qualify as "quality wins", and they're not blowing anyone away with a high-octane style of play, but I'd say the Titans have won all three games in a pretty convincing manner.

Opponents have managed to put together a couple nice drives, but at no point has an opponent established any sense of momentum. The Titans have controlled the tempo of each game, and at the end of the day, there was no question as to who the better team was.

Here's an interesting number: after three games, the Titans' defense has given up a combined total of three points in the second half.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

every win in the nfl is a quality win, this isn't college.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's more than interesting, that's impressive.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Our defense can get down with anybody and will finish the season rated in the top 4. Our defense will keep getting the ball and making scores.

8. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

No, actually that is a pretty safe thing to say. The Vikings have been giving up a lot of yards on returns. We lost two of our premier ST players already, so the unit is hurting a little bit.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Carr is due to break a big one in the return game. He has almost been getting free... this may be the game he hits a seam and takes it to the house.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think he'll make it all the way, but I'd be happy with a good 40+ yarder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar