Donovan McNabb

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KelvisKblam, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Because Donavon McNabb embodies the modern era african american Oilers/Titans QB

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I honestly don't think Mcnabb is better than Collins right now. Bringing him here would not be a bad idea if we are planning on drafting a QB in rd one like Locker or Newton. Have the kid sit behind Mcnabb for one year.

Could be a total blow up if he truly is in decline as a player. Steve Mcnair at the same age was basically done.

Does everybody here understand that Mcnabb and Mcnair are not the same person? Sometimes i wonder about this bunch.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think he is done and I think he is a terrible fit. He always seems to have had success when passing in large volumes. He sometimes needs 10 or 15 passes at someone's feet before he starts to click. That's ballgame here, unless the team is down 20 and an errant KC ball hit Fisher in the head.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

shanahan is a terrible coach who was blessed with John Elway and a loaded Denver Broncos team left behind by Dan Reeves.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

please no more QB's like McNair,VY,McNabb or Cam Newton.

we need a QB like Brady,Brees,Peyton,Rodgers.

6. amy

amy Starter

START RUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Seriously, can one evaluate a QB on two games? just asking

7. Faulkov

Faulkov Camp Fodder

I'm sure every team would love to have one of those QB's. The problem is that there's a greater probability of our existence coming to an end in 2012 than the Titans landing a Peyton.

They won't trade for Orton because teams cannot trade draft picks for players until after the draft (unless the new CBA is finalized prior to the draft)....The Eagles want the moon for Kolb (Two 1st rounders) so that's not happening either. Hence, a free agent QB is pretty likely.....otherwise, they'll have little choice but to take the best available QB at number 8 in draft and have everybody in the organization cross their fingers in unison.

Fisher needs to win now to save his job, right? My money is on a free agent. McNabb or Alex Smith. Am I forgetting any other available FA's? Clearly McNabb gives the best chance to win now between those two. Furthermore, this scenario allows the Titans to draft DL or even LB in the first round. A DL or LB has a reasonable shot of making an immediate impact.

If they decide to bring back AH and are able to snag a DT at pick 8, that could bolster the DL enough to make a nice impact. What made the 2008 defense so good was a dominating DL.

Maybe roll the dice with Locker or Delvin in later rounds as a plan for the future?

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm not a big McNabb fan, never have been. He's obviously on the downside of his career. But he's still better than anyone we have on the roster, and he can be had for very little... if he's released that is. Orton, and Kolb will cost us draft picks so if we can get McNabb without giving up draft picks then we should do it.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I haven't read this entire thread so maybe this has already been said. But what makes anyone think Fisher would even want a guy like McNabb? He has a reputation for being lazy and not practicing hard. How long before Fisher gets tired of that the same way Shanahan did?

I like McNabb. I just don't see him meshing very well with Fisher. After all the drama Fish had with Vince I can't see him wanting anything less than a hard working QB who is going to give it everything he has at all times.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I rather take a chance in the 1st round and get a Passing QB than to get another short term fix at Qb like McNabb.

We need a franchise QB not a part timer. Titan will never make it anywhere until they find a long term answer at QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar