donnie nickey?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. how does he not trust him on ST?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i would guess he doesnt know his assignments and which lanes to be in. that could be very costly.

3. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I really want them to get Harris or Raymond on the practice squad... the same goes for Nande, I think he just needs reps and time.

I saw on the Colts MB that a few of the posters over there were really excited about Nande being waived... I hope he makes it to the Titans PS.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I woulda kept him on potential. Wasn't crucial to not let him develop. We could have done it. I feel like we'll see him again, and someone will get laid out for it. Someone won't pass on his athleticism.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

So now we're actually much slower at LB with the exception of Thornton, maybe Tulloch, but his timed speed is misleading in not-a-good-way. Sirmon is running a 4.9, Toone got timed at 4.7x before the draft, who cares or knows what Reynolds or Amato run> Oh well. Doesn't strike me as the most instinctive bunch either. Hope Toone didn't get ahead of Nande just because he was the safe pick. The fumble recovery was nice, though.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

This isn't college and you can't get by using your athleticism alone (just ask Calico and Woolfolk). At this level you need look for a football player first, athlete second, imo, and I think Fisher and Reese have learned that lesson by now.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Did Nande ever dazzle you out there with his speed? Not me, he looked very average. I never saw him move in ways that made me say "wow, what an athlete". There's plenty of great athletes that aren't good football players.

Tulloch is defeintely instictive, and looked good out there. He's quick, maybe not 40 yards fast, but quick is more important.

The most suprising thing is that they let a 5th rounder walk, and then kept a 7th rounder at the same position. Maybe Toone played ST's well, he didn't impress me on D really.

8. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Toone: a sack, forced fumble, some tackles on D, and a fumble recovery on ST during preseason.

Nande: some tackles on defense.

Beyond that there are lots of assignment things the coaches look for which fans probably can't speak to. I'm guessing Toone did do the better job with his ST assignments.

Though, it would not shock me at all to see Toone's spot given to a player they sign this week (wouldn't even shock me to see Rocky Boiman back), with Nande getting the nod on the practice squad.

It also won't shock me to see Nickey gone before the season starts.

9. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i hope nande makes it to the PS. i just figured somebody would pick him up based on athleticism alone. i think he'll be good.

but good thing rich gardener and donnie nicky are still here.

cause those guys have T-A-L-E-N-T talent

10. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

You're acting like someone outplayed those guys in camp. Who? Raymond completely dropped to the back of the pack once the real games started, IMO. Antoine Harris is the only guy who put up a fight for one of those final spots at DB, but it's not like he stood out that much, either.

Neither Nickey or Gardner are safe for the long haul. Gardner wouldn't even be on the roster if Waddell hadn't gotten hurt, I'm guessing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar