Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Donnie Avery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Upright7, Feb 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,955
    Yes, definitely. What we should have done was draft Konz in the third.
    GoT high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,934
    IF (and it's a big if) Locker is our main guy for many years it is good to have a WR that he can build a rapport with over a long time frame. K.Wright is the closest we have to that for both Locker and his possible successor.

Getting a guard last year would not have earned us any more wins, imo. K.Wright was a good pick for the long term. There are guard options available now.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $92
    I think you guys should be more peeved about the Brown pick. It is pretty obvious that we are never going to get a guard in the first. That is where we would have picked one if we were going to.

Personally, I think Brown had a bigger impact than what a guard would have. Now this year, our backs are up against the wall. We almost have to go after OL early.
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,406
    Given a big FA signing with Levitre and this whole thing looks good regardless.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,564
    First and foremost, Wright>Avery

Now with that said, I did actually hope we'd hold onto Avery last year, but we didn't and Wright is better so oh well.

Avery was no ones first choice to start anywhere. He simply made the most of an opportunity, thats really all there is to it.

I doubt he ever has another year like 2012 (which really wasn't that great)
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,416
    good point. Averys twice the receiver that Hawk is.
  5. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,628
    Just saw that Avery got signed to the Chiefs last week. It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs play Avery in the slot or across the field from Bowe. He might have a good year across from someone like that.
  6. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    In all honesty Kendall Wright hasn't proven worthy of the pick. He may be, or he may just be average with little ability to break anything after catching two yard routes. Time will tell.
    GoT high fives this.
  7. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,931
    Hard to be productive which he was for a rookie WR and get a lot of YAC with subpar QB play. If Jake takes the next step the whole WR core will.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,666
    sounds good. But JL was not that bad with hitting WRs in stride. He would throw the ball before the WRs broke and everything. IMO if the WRs would show more professionalism they would be better. But KB is on his contract year so Im guessing he will now be able too find the time to actually work on his game instead of driving around drunk looking for military bases and baby mammas