Dominique Edison

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

If Wes Welker wasn't given a chance early in his career and people said "There's only one good white receiver in the NFL and that's Brandon Stokely!" (idiotic to say), he wouldn't have gotten the chance to be the player he is today.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Well first of all Edison with his fantastic hands and athletic ability would have been on the regular roster and active on Sundays last year if he had the ability to return kicks and punts (which by the way Wes Welker can do).
    One of the biggest reasons the Titans drafted D. Williams and Mariani was because they can actually contribute in the return game.

Now we could stop and think this through. Last year the Titans drafted Britt and in 2008 they drafted Hawkins in the 4th round. Of course the year before that in 2007 they drafted P. Williams and Chris Davis in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Of course we also drafted a couple of WRs this year.

That logically tells me a couple of things.
    1. The Titans aren't enamored with the talent they have at WR
    2. With all those draft picks it would be hard for a guy like Edison to get reps and even harder to make the roster.

So Edison will probably have to refine his skills another year on the PS.

Oh, what does the color of a WRs skin have to do with anything?

3. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

you are lucky, i have been muzzled. :banned: Marianni was the best Wr on the whole titans squad this pre season. He had 7 catches for 131 leading all WR (surprised he didnt have a td, i could have sworn i seen him with one.

Your post is so way off one has to wonder what rock you have been hiding under...Seriously Jerry Wade knows more about Marianni than you, and he is right now wrestling something this big and ugly in some back woods, malaria infested, crocodile teaming river in Zimbabwe...

[​IMG]

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Now that Edison is gone, I hope we can get him back for ps.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

You will forget about Mariani by Week 1 because his not gonna play one snap.
    You guys just need the season to get on its way to talk about something important or real issues we have. I'm not gonna waste my time talking about our 3rdQB or our 6 or 7 WR.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

its called probability! Name one white wr that is the number wr on their team. Heck name 5 total white wr in the league?

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

yeah marianni also played with the starters right???!?!?! Wrong!! He'll be lucky to be active come game days and if he does it'll only be because hes our returner!

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Mariani will return Punts, and he will get his shot with an injury to someone else. He has great hands, better than Britt and Nate. Theres no reason not to play him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Wayne Chrebet was pretty good too. lol

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Still, what does that have to do with anything. Some of the greatest WRs of all time were white and just a few years ago the Titans had a white guy starting at WR on the Titans. It is meaningless to even bring race into the issue when discussing if a guy is good or not. Or I guess the front office should never draft a white WR no matter how well he grades out for them.

Is it just me or has this forum become riddled with mentally challenged posters lately.

We even have posts about Mariani not being active on game day when he is by far our best return guy. My goodness, some of you need to get a clue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar