Dolphins sign WR Damian Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wish him the best, he was always a solid WR when we needed him. I think that he will be much more productive with more balls thrown his way. Definitely one of those things that make you go hmmm. Washington, Wright, Hunter is a very nice starting group but Mariani and Preston as depth aren't that impressive.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I kept waiting for more from Damian. After his solid rookie season. Perhaps if Britt had been benched sooner Damian could have had a chance to shine.

And I too worry about depth at WR.

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Why worry about WR's in the draft when this team hasn't had a QB since Steve McNair? Damien Williams on the Patriots in 2013 would have thrived. Why are we so patient as fans to wait for Jake Locker to heal up and get smart?

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Because he's a nice, clean cut white guy who says all the right things and is honestly doing his best. He resonates positively with our fan demographic.Most people give people they like 2nd and 3rd chances where as guys they don't like get dumped rather quickly. From a management standpoint his contract being cheap is probably why he's still around.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Or how about who the **** else are we going to get?

Locker is our best option right now. That's why he is getting another chance. Has nothing to do with anything else.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow gonna pull the race card huh?

I think you need a time out

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Race card? Because I mentioned he was white? You're reaching.Matt Jones was a white guy too but he wouldn't be very well received by our fan base.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

The draft is coming up pretty soon. Not saying these guys will come in and be as good as jake, but it is very possible because in reality he has only been decent. You already know the big reason, a rookie does have a much higher chance of playing a full season. The fisher tree is gone now it's time for this franchise to admit when it's time to move on. We've done this with a few titans already that the last regime would have without a doubt kept or wouldn't have restructured those contracts. Jake sadly is next in line.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why would you even mention he was white then?

Probably because you only like BLACK players and want to focus your racism on other posters since not everyone here is in love with cj like you.

And tings like that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

There you go jumping to conclusions and putting words in other people's mouths like you always do. I like Jake and have said so on MANY occasions. I doubt his ability to stay healthy but he's about as solid of a human being as you can get. No one brought up CJ either. So a swing and a miss there too.

I gave like 5 other factors that I believe contribute to him getting so many chances here in Tennessee yet you chose to latch on to me mentioning that he's white. Do I believe him being a clean cut white guy helps him resonate with our fan base? Yes. Do I think it's the only or biggest reason he's still around? Hardly. I've stood up for white players when I believe they were being pigeon-holed due to their race on more than one occasion. You really are barking up the wrong tree here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar