Dolphins in disarray

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't think the 4-4 Dolphins have looked that bad this season. Their 4 losses have come against very good teams (Patriots, Jets, Ravens, Steelers).

That said, they just announced that they are benching Chad Henne and going with Chad Pennington this weekend.

Is this good or bad news for the Titans? I'm inclined to say that it's good.

I'm still concerned that the Titans secondary can be beat deep, but it's not like Pennington has the arm to be throwing deep. Chad Henne wasn't really throwing it downfield either, though.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chad Pennington can't beat anyone deep. It just makes defending their run game easier to do. Now we don't have to worry about our corners getting beat deep if they're singled up with an extra defender in the box.

I have to say I don't understand the move at all.

3. LUVyaBLUE

LUVyaBLUE Camp Fodder

i feel like we have a good chance in this game if our run D steps up. It started out great this season but has fallen off the last few weeks.

most likely they wont be passing to much with Pennington since its his first start back. but Verner and Grif have had great games the last few weeks so even if they pass we should be ok. assuming Finnegan can show up....
    does anyone know who is guarding Brandon marshall?

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Could we see a resurgence of the Wildcat?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Have the Titans ever beaten Pennington?

Seems like he has had success aginst the Titans. Probably why hes getting the start. He sells the play action well and is willing to take the underneath stuff that CC seems more than willing to concede. At least the Titans know it is comming hopefully Titans can put Pennington on IR and can see Heenneeee a lot

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is great news for us. They also signed 35yo Al Harris who hasn't played a game in a year. I guess they want to just give us the game...

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I would expect CC to not give up as much underneath as he usually does... considering Pennington's noodle arm.

8. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Why in the fark would they do that? Henne is a damn good QB.

That is great news for the Titans.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

There is a collins vs young thing going on here and finally Sparano made the chance I don't agree with it but what they are doing is putting everything on the table for a second half season push.

Henne in my opinion has being great but much like Vince the coach dislikes turnovers they rather have him passing for 80 yards no TDs and 0 turnovers then have 300 and 2 picks and 2 Tds.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

He's been throwing too many INTs so I guess that's why they benched him. But if you look at the 3 against the Ravens last week, on the first two I really don't think the effort was there from the WR and the last one was a desperation play. If they can't get that running game going it won't matter who their QB is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar