Does Vince Young = Akili Smith?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 13, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young = Akili Smith

25.0%
  2. No way! Vince isn't THAT bad!

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

"Kerry Collins just throws a more catchable ball."

I don't know who said this but I read it here on this forum and I'm going to respond with this whenever I read something I think is silly, stupid, baiting, or uninteresting.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It depends on who you're talking about......WRs or DBs:moon2:

Vince clearly throws a better ball to DBs at this point in his career than KFC, however, KFC has been one of the best in completions to DBs in League History.:ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I said it – and it’s obviously a concept that you just can’t grasp (definitely not a first here for you).
    Has to do with touch, release etc. Balls thrown too hard, wobbly, lack of touch, etc. Miami receivers complained in later years that he (Dan Marino) threw the ball so hard it was at times uncatchable. Mark Rypien was a guy they always bagged for tossing an uncatchable ball while guys like Billy Kilmer, Unitas etc on the other hand were noted for passes that would practically stick to receivers like Velcro…
    Now you know. Go work up some Wiki retort of you so desire but keep in mind beating yet another dead horse might get you where you wound up with your ill-informed racism campaign..

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

Who is Akili Smith???

5. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

YOU don't even know what you mean when you say touch! LOL

Define touch.

I can kinda understand if the ball was is thrown too hard, but that other stuff is bull and you know it. Unitas made the football stick? That is stupid.

Is it possible that his receivers saw the ball and were skilled enough to grab it? No that's stupid, it makes much more sense that Unitas was putting the "magic touch" on the ball to make his receivers catch it. That's totally logical.

A pass can be thrown with variances of accuracy or it can be thrown wobbly or with a nice spiral. It can be thrown hard or soft. There is no "magic touch." That's just the child in you romanticizing a legendary football player.

Unitas' receivers could probably catch the ball regardless of who was throwing it as long as it was accurate.

Don't act like such a little kid. If you want to say Vince is inaccurate, then say that, but don't say he doesn't have the magical power to MAKE his receivers catch the ball, because NO ONE has or ever had that ability.

Touch-Total, fairy-tale BS

If receivers aren't catching the ball, either they can't catch or the passes aren't accurate or both. The ball doesn't like one QB more than another one.

To simplify further for you, it's like the concept of a basketball player being "in the zone." The basketball player isn't experiencing some supernatural phenomenon. He's just a good basketball player or he's having a lucky day or both.

The state of being "in the zone" is just sensationalism for someone either knowing what he's doing or getting lucky. No magic about it.

No Wiki needed either, just a rational-thinking brain.

As for my "racism campaign" if the idea was so ridiculous, you wouldn't have to refer to it like it was ridiculous. But seeing as how the question IS there, then you have to tell me it was ridiculous or otherwise say "STFU. You're just a stupid idiot."

Another "debate" won. :ha:

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You won a debate by saying nothing of substance? I'm curious what you 'proved.' Since you claim you own a 'rational thinking brain' please let us know, based on facts and rational, logical thinking, why Vince will be the best quarterback in the league as you have stated.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

DIAGNOSIS: Delusional

[​IMG]

8. bigg

bigg Titan Fan

For all you guys hating on Young, you'll be praising him for leading Tenn to the superbowl next year.

9. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Isn't this exactly what touch is? a nice spiral delivered with accuracy and the right amount of zip.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

VY's biggest problem is his attitude. Then you can blame it on a list of other things... He will never earn the starting position with the Titans again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar