Does the new cap # allow the Dolts to resign Edge?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanjay, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanjay

titanjay Guest

I hope not. I was looking forward to seeing Edgerin in anything but a colts uniform next year. What do y'all think?

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm not sure Edge wants to stay in Indy. They haven't shown him much love up there.

3. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

any1 know if we are going to resign tank williams??

4. LetsGoTitans24

LetsGoTitans24 Camp Fodder

Colt's shouldn't be able to retain edge due to being some 5 million dollars over the cap :ha: . Time for them to hit the fan... anyways here's the link http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9295762

Have to scroll down quite a bit inorder to see, but it points them out along with three other teams being over the new cap figure.

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I don't think he'll resign, but then again, I thought Alexander was gone from SEA...

I think they go for a RB at the bottom of the 1st.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Laurence Maroney, if they can get him.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I believe the minimum salaries have increased as well, so not all the money from the increase is spare.

8. According to John Clayton, Indy is still over the cap. Maybe they haven't renegotiated with Peyton and Marvin officially yet, but it seems like they won't have the cap room to keep Edge (though they could probably renegotiate with other guys, too).

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ahh the Reese effect.

10. Hey, if you were the Colts, you'd sell out to win now, too. Their best chance is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar