Does the Mariota era feel different?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

For the first time since McNair I am actually confident in QB play....my GOD...do you realize how long that has been?

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Everybody jerks off about arms strength and other nonsense when the two main factors a QB should have are amazing accuracy and amazing decision making. Thats it. Throw Brett Favre in this league as a rookie right now he gets rekt. He wouldn't be able to just sling the ball around anymore. This is way Rodgers is the best QB.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Let's see... We have a couple of years of VY where you never really knew what you were getting. A couple of years of vets that you knew weren't long term solutions. 4 years of waiting on Lockers breakout year that never happened...

This is the first time in a LONG time I'm excited about the QB and confident he will do well. So to me, it does feel different. I have hope that my favorite team will be relevent again. Not expecting 2-14 last year to play offs this year, but I think MM will prove he is a franchise guy to build around.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

When VY got a 6 on the Wonderlic I had my doubts from the get go.
    Mariota got a 33. To put that in perspective, Peyton Manning got a 27.
    Mariota is a consistent winner.
    I definitely feel more optimistic.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

VY always seemed mentally fragile (and just plain stupid) and Locker always seemed physically fragile.

Every time VY would throw one of his goofy sidearm passes I would hold my breath and every time Locker would take a hit I'd hold my breath (same with his sporadic in accurate passes).

With both of those guys we started with raw inaccurate, mobile Qbs and "hoped" they would develop.

With Mariota he is already more poised and polished than either of those guys. He's super accurate and has proven to be smart with the football and durable. I'm excited to him throw the ball, he throws a beautiful pass and if he "needs" to scramble he can but its not the first thing on his mind. His eyes are always downfield. This season definitely feels different, like there's real hope for the future. I think we've found our franchise QB finally!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 615nick

615nick Starter

I was very excited when we took young, because he was a very unique athlete. But i was nervous everygame, because you didn't know which vy was going to show up. I thought locker was a 2nd or even 3rd round pick. He never had success as a qb, before he was a pro. He showed flashes but thats it. When we had McNair, i thought we were going to win everygame. I also thought our coaching staff held all 3 guys back.

Now with a matiota/whiz combo, I'm def more excited than I've been since mcnair. We have a ways to go, before we are ready to talk sbs, but we took big strides with the #2 pick this year.

7. amy

amy Starter

It depends on his help. He can't throw, run down and catch the ball himself. He can't run the ball and block at the same time. In other words, it doesn't matter that he is a football god-send if he doesn't have the horses he needs to drive the wagon. Do we have the horses? We will see today.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Im stoked as hell.

I feel like for once in so many years, they goout to win, and not play like kids who dont wanna get hurt.

9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

^this! Some folks on this forum jerk off hardcore about Mett and how strong his arm is, it's rather absurd. MM8 has shown us great accuracy, decision making, leadership but apparently these said folks would rather have Mett start...lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think the confidence some from Mariota starting week 1. VY was supposed to sit the whole year and Locker did, outside of Hasselback hurting himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar