Does the Locker era have

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryudo, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

The potential to be out best ever. Yes even over Steve. Obviously some need to be proven. But this is based on potential.

How far can we go based on this potential.
    I try and not get too excited every year as I been let down so many times I'm now at wait and see

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Of course it does, but whether it does, obviously, remains to be seen.

But we've set him up well with a variety of weapon which is something McNair & Young never had early in their career, and in Young's case, never did.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The potential is there, it really looks like we have the window for a championship. I think us, Cinci, and Houston will probably be gunning for the AFC for a long time.

The only thing we really have going against us is our many uncertainties. We still have a very young team, players and coaches.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm excited about watching Locker, but lets let him win a game, complete 60% of his passes in a game, etc, etc, etc before we get too far into this.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He has the tools, that's for sure.

But, having all the tools isn't going to make you translate into a great NFL player.

6. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I still think the 50% thing had to do with the huskies just sucking all around. Outside the pocket he was dead on. His limited play he was dead on. It seems the accuracy thing is overhyped

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No, it doesn't. See Young, Vince.

One of the things that excites me most about Locker is that he seems, in addition to the tools, have the intangibles necessary to succeed. He's a hard worker, a good leader, and smart.

I agree. Most of the "film" I've seen on Locker in college, he was running for his life and his receivers sucked.

He didn't seem particularly inaccurate last season. His deep balls in particular are dead on the money.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Check out this article by SuperHorn on MCM.com, should make you happy. It was a nice read, Charting Jake Locker's throws, while analyzing his potential (link below).

Also, this article made me feel, to a certain extent, that he might need more time on the bench. He still needs to drastically improve his mechanics, footwork, short pass accuracy, and his outside/perimeter timing/accuracy as well.

And to be honest, watching and learning from Matt for anther year with appropriate coaching might be the best way to improve those things; really those are literally the only things Matt does well (quick passes, short throws, west coast style offense stuff, etc...)

I too really hope that Jake Locker's era is illustrious and long lasting with respect to getting that bling; but to be honest for that to materialize in the best way might mean watching Matt start for the duration of next year....(sigh)

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...ing-jake-locker-distance-and-direction-thrown

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

See above!!

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Sure Jake has a lot to learn, but he needs to get the experience and learn it on the field. He took a year to sit on the bench and learn what he can from Hass by watching, now it is time for him to learn from Matt in practice, and try to implement what he learns on gamedays. There will be a learning curve for sure, but that learning curve will have to happen some time, why put it off? And by him being out there and competing every sunday it will speed up the process. He will have a ton of tape to watch on himself and see what HE does, rather than watching what Matt does. He will be able to fix HIS mistakes rather than trying to learn from Matt's mistakes. It is just a faster way to learn.

If this were a team full of veterans competing for a SB, I would say go with MH (unless JL blows him out in TC), but its not. This is a very young and talented team, and I think it would be best for the future of the team if they can all learn and grow together. That way in 1 or 2 years the recievers know exactly what to expect from the QB. How the ball will be thrown, what the QB does in certain situations ... having a team that is 100% on the same page goes a long way toward winning games, but it takes time to build that kind of chemistry. Lets start building it now while everyone is young, so when they all hit their prime we will be an absolute force.

Now this is just speculation on my part, but this offense that the coaching staff seems to be setting up isn't suited so much for the west coast type play of MH IMO. I think they are wanting to spread teams out, and attack dowwnfield. If that is infact the direction the coaches want to take the offense, then starting Hass could hold the rest of the O from developing into that style of offense because it would keep the coaching staff from fully implementing it. The transition from one style of play to another isn't easy and won't come overnight, so lets just go ahead and start Lock, make the complete transition in offensive philosophy and let everyone learn together. That way in 2013 we will be ready to make a serious run at a SB.

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar