Does Munch Have The Guts To Fire an Old Friend? (OL)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Turner is awful, just awful. He's too small, and its showing.

Unless Schwenke benches 700lbs IDK that changing to the rookie is a good idea, but Turner sucks, I know that for sure. I tried defending his leadership and football IQ as a plus over Schwenke, but the guy is simply getting beat physically.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Okay that makes sense... I was like Turner has never been good dude lol

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It was error- typed turner but meant Levitre. Fixed it a few mins ago.

Levitre HAS been pro-bowl and was regarded as a top OL FA when we got him. Coincident regression? I don't think so. Coaching plain and simple.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm tired of people saying we should have taken a DT with that 10th pick. Casey has played great, we had already signed Hill and we had Martin and Klug. Johnson has come in and played very well for us basically moving ahead of Martin on the depth chart.We didn't need another body at DT!

As for Star changing our defense? He has not changed the Panthers defense other than helping to keep blockers off Kuechly. Short has arguably played better as a rookie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, awful lot of convenient coincidence with ole Bruce.

- Houston OL is garbage when he's there, top-notch when he leaves.
    - Tennessee OL is top-notch when he's not here, garbage when he is.
    - Levitre is a Pro Bowl guard in Buffalo, underperforming chump on this line.
    - Warmack is the most "can't-miss" interior lineman in the entire draft, garbage on this line.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bruce is teaching him poor technique to make him a worse run-blocker?

Fitz had a 83.3 passer rating last year and only a 61.2 now. I guess that means Ragone is the blame for his decline.

CJ used to have a 5.6 ypc avg. and now has a 3.1. That's all on Croom.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sammie Lee Hill, Mike Martin and Karl freaking Klug are not reasons to not draft a DT at #10. Star may not have changed our defense. But if he lives up to his potential and Casey becomes as good as we all think he can be, could you imagine having those two in the middle of our line? We'd be set up on the DL for years to come. Even with average ends.

I didn't hate the Warmack pick though. And like I said last week, it's too early to write the book on any of these guys. Star could end up being a bust and Chance could be a 10 year fixture on our OL.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Everyone is making good points on here...I don't even know where to begin to be honest. Our OL is terrible, Warmack (I believe will be good, but not ready yet), the others...No excuse. Crappy coaching and poor performance is to blame. There is NO REASON for the play of this line with all of the money they spent. Add the fact that Fitzpatrick is terribly inaccurate, CJ is running below average, WR's underachieving, injuries, etc...This is an absolute DISASTER. Who in here would have though that our Offense would be so lousy, yet the Defense so vastly improved...Crazy....I think we are in for some BIG changes this offseason guys, and I think it is time to make some moves in hopes to put this mess behind them.

9. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Did Levitre actually make a pro bowl? All I see from his accomplishments list in the NFL is an All-Rookie selection

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hasn't done anything but keep blockers off Kuechly, isn't that the point of a run-stopping DT?
    Panthers are the 4th best rush D

Star is the 7th best DT/NT vs the run, via PFF

Hill ruined any chance of us draft Star. Hopefully he comes back and prooves his worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar