Does Munch Have The Guts To Fire an Old Friend? (OL)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

10-4. We've about spent this issue. Always enjoy discussing issues with you- particularly when we respectfully disagree. :toast:

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I simply cannot fathom how you can think that way. So I guess you wouldn't seek recompense from a company if one of their workers destroyed something of yours? After all the company is not responsible for the worker not doing his job properly.

Our OL is playing poorly and even if you take the stance that it's just our players who are bad, it's still Matthews who's putting them out there. You say it yourself, Turner is woefully under performing, so why has there been no attempt at change? Why was 2 serviceable players let go in favor of 2 to bad players? I refuse to believe Matthews didn't have any input on that.

Bottom line, unless the OL improves greatly (and not just because we start playing lesser teams) Matthews should be fired after the season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. Thanks for pulling it up for me.

:)

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You're talking about legal responsibility which delves into the law and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Valid points and I believe Schwenke will be playing after the bye week unless Turner shows a lot more this Sunday. Problem is, we can't know where Schwenke is in his development and it's a bit spooky to think about him next to another rookie.

But, if Turner continues to play poorly, and they don't get Schwenke out there, I think that's a legitimate cause to say Bruce isn't doing his job well. Just as it is if Warmack doesn't improve.

They can't win in your eyes. If they improve, it's because of facing weaker defenses.

I've brought it up a couple of times already and have yet to get any response to the impact of a horrible RB, bad passing game and poor play-calling on the performance of this OL. To me, these are much bigger factors than Bruce.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

On the first point, we also signed Spencer who can play C and he's actually been dressed for all the games afaik, so it's not a question of Schwenke or nobody.

Second point is not true, what I'm saying is that it has to be more than just a modicum of improvement, because otherwise that could just be down to facing weaker opposition.

My stance on Nogains abilities as a playcaller should be well known, and I'd rather see him out the door before Matthews if that's what it comes down to. I don't think Johnson is a horrible back, I think with adequate blocking he'd be good or at least above average. The fact that we pay way too much for him is a completely different issue.

6. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

If the "talent" isn't performing... then they're not as talented as you think. The HC and O-Line coach know a thing of two about the offensive line. If these guys can't get great results from their offensive line, then maybe they don't have the right personnel. Levitre is a decent run-blocker, but he isn't exceptional. (See Ben Muth's analysis of Levitre as a free agent at football outsiders.) Just face it - our run blocking has been bad for quite some time and we're only now trying to plug the holes. It'll take some time.

The simple fact is the unit Bruce Matthews is responsible for coaching is underperforming. Blame and fault aren't the issue. Who is Responsible is the issue.

You ignore the fact that this offensive line might just be performing as well as they can. Perfect logic: You are responsible for not making average players great.

We've faced some stout defenses. Things should open up in the second half of the season.

7. Riverman

OK so if you're personnel isn't talented, then who picked them? It is about responsibility. Plain and simple. You have to be accountable. Plain and simple.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The answer to the question I asked here months ago is NO.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...itans-were-serious-about-keeping-Mike-Munchak

9. Riverman

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You say that like there is something wrong with it

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar