Does Munch Have The Guts To Fire an Old Friend? (OL)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He is one of my all time favorites. I loved him as a player. As a coach though Bruce Matthews does not appear to be doing very well. Under Fish-face the Titans OL ranged from average to excellent depending on the year. It was never a concern. Current head coach Mike Munchak did an excellent job and the FO did an excellent job keeping quality talent around. Then Munch was promoted and brought in Bruce Matthews to replace him as OL coach.

From Bad to Worse

Things did not start out well. Pass blocking was adequate in Matthews first year. However run blocking was terrible. It was the lockout year. The new coaching staff did not have much time to work with the players. We hoped things would be better the next year. Only, they were worse. It is like the more time Matthews spent with the OL the worse they got.

No More Excuses

This year would be different. Every single interior OL had been replaced. The team signed the best OG in FA and drafted the best rookie OG. While the group is better they are still not the strength they should be. The blame now rests with the man in charge of the OL. And if Bruce is not removed and the OL continues to struggle the blame will shift from Matthews to Munch.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Munch is involved with this OL. He has to take a big chunk of the responsibility (if not more) than Bruce. He pushed to get Levitre, draft Warmack and to start Turner.

In my eyes, the poor play of the OL is the most glaring reason the offense has struggled.

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. The Hammer

I think he should be even more involved then. As in taking it over. Trouble is we also have a weak OC which makes it harder for Munch to focus down on one area.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I put a lot of this on the players. Warmack was clearly not as ready as projected. Levitre seems solid against the pass but average against the run. Turner is a #2.

They have to play better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I get tired of Munch taking too long to admit he was wrong....he did it with Amano and now Turner.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd like to see Schwenke get involved, clearly Turner and his high snaps will not improve. Get his rookie bumps out of the way while Locker is out.

Mathews needs to get his line under control. No excuses with having to veteran tackles plus Levitre.

Loggains needs to get more creative as well. Right side might be stronger on paper, but I'd bet the left side makes better blocks.

This is a 3/4 fold problem. Any one of the would likely improve the offense though.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

60 million down the dam drain and someone is loosing their job for this sh**.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Those screwed us. We should of drafted a guard later (2nd/3rd), taken Star #10, still signed Levitre, and kept Velasco. Star would of completely changed this defense. Later round guards are producing better than Warmack. Turner is awful.

9. The Hammer

Maybe Simpson should be put in. At least he is dressing for games which is more than you can say for Schwenke at this point.

10. The Hammer

Could that be from poor coaching though?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar