Does Jurrell Casey fit the 3-4?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That wouldn't fly. Steelers would have to get Kendall Wright, Michael Roos, and Jurrell Casey to give up their franchise QB.

2. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

casey and a first rounder this year and next year would probably make it happen

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Actually that's not what he said. He actually said that it won't be a straight 2 gap system, but rather a hybrid system. He never said anything about a 1 gap system. This could still mean we would run a 2 gap on some downs or situations (which is the traditional PIT system that he comes from), while running more 4-3 in other situations. It could also mean running a 1 gap and 4-3, but he did not say anything about 1 gap at all.

4. Brew City

Lol. We're talking about trading Casey because he doesn't fit a 3-4 to a team who runs a 3-4. You guys are high. (this isn't directed at you 520, just grabbing a post talking about the trade)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My assumption was that if it wasn't going to be a 2 gap system then that would automatically make it a 1 gap system. I'm not aware of a 0 gap or 3 gap system. Maybe we should call it a 1.5 gap system....whatever it is I think Casey will be just fine and I am excited to see how it all comes together.

6. Brew City

From what I gathered it will be all over the place. We won't be able to definitively say it's a 1 gap, 1.5 gap, 2 gap, or 4-3 because we will run all of them. I agree with Casey though. Good players can fit in any system.

7. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

I believe in Ruston and Whisenhunt. I think they will get all the players needed to fit the system they want to run. I think Casey's sack number will probably go down but he'll still wreak havoc and open up holes for our linebackers wherever they put him at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar