Does Gregg Williams's experience change anything?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just some thoughts on the Super Bowl match-up. Personally, I think Peyton will kill the Saints defense but wondered if Gregg Williams's time with the Titans and Jags him any insight on slowing the Colts.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

It surely wont hurt that he knows the colts o better than most NFC DC's would, but NO has made its name this year bringing pressure with 5 and 6 and that in my mind only favors the Colts. Manning just gets rid of the ball to quick, most times, for the pressure to get to him. We as Titans fans no that all to well.

3. madison

madison Camp Fodder

I don't think it will, I see the colts winning super bowl. And I'm still cheering for the saints.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is no way greg williams can do anymore against the colts than what the jets did. The jets game plan as well as anyone. Rex Ryan said he tried every possible coverage and Manning beat them all.

He blitzed favre constantly and i don't think that will work against the colts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The J-E-S-T blitz dazzled Manning early on and made him shaky, but it seemed like Rex got soft and didn't mixed up as much as the game progressed.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

nothing is changed. First team to 40 wins the game. Bet on it.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Well, the Jets secondary was in a bit of a bind... with Sheppard getting benched and then Strickland going down in the 1st Q. That may have hampered what Ryan wanted to do defensively. Then to lose Shon Greene... those 2 injuries alone kind of hit at the heart of the Jets game plan, especially with a rookie QB. So it's possible Williams will be able to pull out a little more. The Saints offense is much better than the Jets, so Williams should only need to end a few drives with FGs instead of TDs to give NO a decent shot.

8. I think Gregg can have all the experience he wants against the Colts, but he doesn't have the horses in the secondary to cover Peyton's receivers consistently.

That said, I am going out on a limb and picking the Saints in an upset. If for no other reason then because I can't stomach picking the Colts...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Greg Williams has an advantage because he had to scheme against Peyton. That's a plus. It does not guarantee a win, but it does not hurt.

Please God, if You're up there, help your Saints....

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think the teams are fairly well matched offensively but the Colts are better all around and have more experience. The Vikings moved the ball almost at will but couldn't hang onto the ball and the Saints were lucky to win.

Go Saints!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar