Does Fitzy for Hass still make sense if we don't sign another free agent?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am mixed on the move, yea from a talent and price standpoint it makes sense. However, I think someone like Hass can help keep a struggling team together. I am not sure if Fitz can provide the leadership abilities that Hass did. I consider this a lateral move, maybe a slight downgrade as of right now unless the money is spent somewhere else.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Have they released the $ potion of the deal yet? anything beside just a 2 year deal

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Last season was an absolute disaster. It will get better hopefully.

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Hass wasn't much of a leader last season when we were getting spanked by 50. He was on the sidelines looking like the little girl on your avatar whoever the hell that is.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I said help not become Atlas, I swear some of you guys either can't read or intentionally take things out of context to push your hatred for a player.

6. MattNeely

MattNeely Starter

We replaced a backup QB for a younger, cheaper backup QB. Clears up some room. Forces Locker to become the leader of the team. I like it.

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

There is a reason Hassebeck went for a backup job instead of a chance at a starting job. He knows he can't get it done anymore. A capable QB wouldn't just go be a back up when starter needy teams are offering you a contract.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Those people probably only saw hass play in seattle.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Fitz is an 8 year vet. I am not defending him, but you really think he has not developed leadership skills? Also, even if his leadership skills may not be quite what you think hass's were, if his skills win games, wgaf?

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Colts seem to love our discarded QBs.

The Fitzy signing makes sense. They only cut him because the year before their senile GM badly overpaid the guy. He instantly becomes the best backup in the league. Not a bad investment for a team with a starter who still needs to learn to slide.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar