Does Fitzy for Hass still make sense if we don't sign another free agent?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I feel like I've been high all during free agency.

wait

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

We about to get Dumervil

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, it makes sense, as Gunny pointed out. It's actually as good as it gets for this stage in FA. Reinfeldt's FO would have waited another two weeks and signed Jason Campbell. Fisher's FO would have kept Hasselbeck and paid him the full amount.

If the Titans are paying Fitz less than the cap amount saved by cutting Hass, then it's a win-win.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would much rather stick with Locker if we had to draft another project.

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

If we do, Ruston Webster deserves a lot of praise. He has done a fantastic job since taking over.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

My point still is what's the point of paying another guy less if we don't spend the savings?

Again, I do think it's the right move.. But I also think we should spend the money saved. And since the FO has been so great this off-season, I assume we will spend it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

because he's better?

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I like your optimism however....

yeah I just don't see it.

9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Colts reportedly gave Hasselbeck 2 years 8 million. Way too much for a 38 year old backup. Titans made a smart move.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

we upgraded the QB position so it makes sense regardless. I still think this move was made with another move in mind though. Munch liked Hass too much to just cut him for cap space he wouldn't use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar