Does Brown's Return Show a Lack of Confidence in White and Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I don't think its so much of a lack of confidence as much as it is having some kind of 'plan B' incase the LW/CB duo unfolds terribly. I guess the signing makes sense and is a win/win situation for both CB and the franchise. CB gets one final shot of showing other teams that he's the real deal, and might even end up impressing us enough to keep him longer.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Anyone know offhand how CB looks physically now? Has he put on any weight to be able to handle the hits better? I'll give him this - when he was the starter we were coming off Eddie George's reign where the thought was ride the RB all day. CB took a pounding, and our run blocking was at it's weakest in years. With a year to recover and better blocking I could see him being very impressive. I'd feel more comfortable if Henry emerges as the #1, but Brown probably deserves a shot to prove us wrong.

3. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Hey...I have a thought (scary as it is)....since we got Chris Brown at such a bargain, perhaps we can get Eddie George at a bargain too...then we'll have at least one running back out of four who will play even though he may get turf toe or hangnail....AND since we have decent blocking up front as well as a good returning full back maybe we'll be okay.
    Yeah, I know, tungtide = silly.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Your the only one.

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

No he's not. Count me in.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Brown is good for a half usually, and Lendale might make the other half, due to his conditioning. Henry might be a pleasant surprise, but right now we do need Brown.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I agree. It seems to my memory that Brown usually played half a game. But, he gained the 100 or so in that half. We might see alot of that.

Brown in the first half, C Henry and Lendale splitting the second. (If Brown gets hurt like his norm)

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The only issue here is keeping three RBs active. If Henry is the #3, he'll need to stand out on special teams, otherwise, they'll suffer.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Most rookies realize that special teams duty goes with the territory. For some it's the only way to get on the field. Not sure a running back is going to be that great on ST's, or if it's worth the risk of injury.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Exactly. No way we have 3 RBs active if Henry doesn't play sepcial teams. And if Henry is playing special teams, he's not starting at RB.

If Henry had won the starting RB gig, then having Lendale and Chris Brown on the roster would make no sense, because neither of them play special teams. I absolutely think this is a sign that the coaches see Henry as a #2/#3 RB at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar