Does anyone know...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pit Bull #53, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

What the conditions for the draft pick we acquired for McNair are? It was a conditional 4th that could become a 3rd right? If that's right, does anyone know what specifications Steve has to meet for it to become a 3rd?

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

straight 4th................no conditions

3. well that sucks, what could we draft if the fourth round this year?

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Good trade bait and allot of cap room is not a bad thing. Better then nothing which we were headed too.

5. smili

smili Starter

Thre's decent players to be had in round 4. Obvously some misses, but decent players here too.

Tulloch and Lowry in 2006 in rd. 4.

4 108 Vincent Fuller FS Virginia Tech
    4 113 David Stewart G Mississippi State
    4 136 Roydell Williams WR Tulane

4 103 Bo Schobel DE Texas Christian
    4 124 Michael Waddell CB North Carolina

4 126 Rien Long DT Washington State

4 110 Mike Echols CB Wisconsin
    4 115 Tony Beckham CB Wisconsin-Stout
    4 133 Rocky Boiman OLB Notre Dame

4 124 Justin McCareins WR Northern Illinois

4 124 Bobby Myers FS Wisconsin
    4 128 Peter Sirmon OLB Oregon

6. no, no, i didnt mean it like that, i meant who do u guys think will be there in the 4th round this year

7. smili

smili Starter

I vote for another O-lineman - maybe a decent center/guard candidate to grow into the role as Mawae / Piller are aging, and Olsen only has a few more years too,

or to keep trying safeties until LT is replaced (unless Fuller/Lowry take the job).

We need another QB to develop into our longer term backup and 4th round might be a good place to grab a prospect.

Decent LB can be had in round 4 too.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

IN other words we might as well trade BOTH fourth round picks for a practice squad player bc all the ones we have drafted couldnt even manage maintain at that level

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ummm...

I would like to see us trade our 4th's to grab another 3rd if the value is there...

BUT....come on. Before you make a statement like that, know the facts. I won't list all the players, but Justin McCareins was traded for a 2nd rndr!

Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

It is almost pointless to think like that because even guys who I currently have listed as fourth rndrs will move around based on bowl game performance, all-star games, which jr's come out, the combine and pro days when we get their ACTUAL stats, ect.

More importantly is to get guys like Finnegan (starts at #2 CB), Lowry (starts at FS) and Woolfolk (starts at nickel and FS) some real playing time to see if any of these guys can elevate to starting caliber. I think we've seen enough of LT to know what he is...a backup on a good defense. Then we need to start figuring out what our holes are and identifying both potential free agents and draft picks who can fill those holes.

If you want to go through the mental exercise (about potential 4th rndrs)...reply to this post asking and I'll mention some guys I think might be there in the 4th and who we might be interested...as long as you know these guys could move way up or way down from now til draft day.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar