Does anyone know how much it would cost

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daves not here, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

the team just made a major move to a new city and market a little over 10 years ago....that's one of the main reason why people keep saying "no way" on this.

I don't think the Jets and Giants moving into a stadium that's just over the state border (yet somehow, if i recall correctly, on land that belongs to the state of New York, could be wrong on that) goes in that group

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

[​IMG]

As hard as Nashville has fought to keep the Predators here, the Titans won't ever leave. I'm sure the NFL loves the Titans as a market as well... we may not be the biggest but we fill a niche.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It would cost Bud a fortune to leave before the end of the lease. And, besides, every seat in the stadium is sold regardless of how the team does. How many of us would love to be in the position of not worrying about our financial health if our production were to tank?

4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

ha!.. that's what you think

we're stuck with him

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The correct answer is at the 15 year mark BA can move the team by paying off the lease on it. Will be something like $120m at that time. There will be any number of cities that would stroke that check to make the move happen. But it has to happen at the 15 year mark as BA cannot hold that threat over the city for 15 years.

On the up side if that did happen Nashville would have the best venue in all the UFL and we could all watch 'the Diva' play again - yeah!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

thank you, that's the kind of information that I wanted to see ... 120 Mil is nothing to the Adams family

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the exact year and payoff ammount might be off, but that is the basic structure of the deal BA made with Bredesen. Man I wish I could do business with Bredesen. Oh well hes wealthy in his personal life just free and easy with Nashville's $s

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Folks in this thread need to remember, Bud had unrelenting support in Houston, his hometown. He moved the team over a squabble with the city over a new stadium.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well kinda, but I think at the root of it was the Oilers second class status in the Astrodome. In the end Mooston had to build the facility BA wanted but they lost their team, but at least Tennessee has the NFL now.

10. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

That what we thought in Houston, until you wake up and the news filming the Houston Oilers leaving at midnight in like 50 trucks all stealth ninja like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar