Does ANYBODY have faith in Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

15 yrs, 1 SB Appearance. Why would we have faith in him? He lies, and is just a downright stubborn person.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

His (and KFC's) most recent press conference comments are going to have the media all over him. I surely hope that Fisher isn't expecting anyone to believe his crap anymore.
    Fisher is like a person in love with a person who isn't right for him...except that all his friends and family can see it but him. I think he's in that river that flows through Egypt at the moment.
    He has pretty much run this team into the ground for this season by 1. refusing to admit his mistakes, 2. continuing to start players that are not producing 3. taking waaaay too long to even make the smallest adjustments

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Funny - I'm losing faith because he's gotten away from Fisherball... others seem to be thinking we're sticking to it too closely.

I've defended Fisher for years, citing the evidence of why he's a good head coach. All the indicators I've used before (disciplined team, solid fundamentals, ability to close games, strong in the 2nd half) are now making me believe he's the problem this year. Do I still think he's a good coach and can turn it around? Yes. Do I think he's going to? Not from what I've seen.

Riverman is right - they are progressively getting worse each week. His "stay the course" approach can be good when the problems really are just minor details that can be fixed - but when the team is unraveling, players clearly not buying into what they are being asked to do, a coach needs to respond with more than "stay the course".

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Fisher has too much pride and does not want to admit his mistakes. I hope Bud forces him to play Vince and Fisher gives up and stops trying coach him.Jeff is stunting Youngs growth by trying mold him into Kerry Collins. Bring in a coach who will put all our talent on the field and let them work in unison. I had so much respect for fisher, but after this week, i have opened my eyes and realized how full of crap he is. If he was fired and we were left with an interim coach, i would be the happiest man alive.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Four straight losses in 2009 and you can see this team has lost their thunder. They don't seem hungry anymore. They almost seem like they don't want to come out and play football anymore. They're playing lazy and flat, but I wouldn't call it quits yet as a fan. Even though we have actually lost six straight meaningful games we're a play away from winning them all except yesterdays embarrassment. This roster can beat any team, it's just how they do it that's in question, and using Kerry Collins 30-39-48 times isn't how you do it. I do blame the coaches for allowing the team to come out without any passion. It's the coaches job to instill discipline and desire into their teams heart, and Fisher & Co aren't doing anything close. Terrible play calling, lousy execution, and the lack of some kind of excitement is why were four games in the hole. What happened to 09 for Mac 9? I thought we would go out and bust teams up in honor of our late friend McNair. All that I can make of this year is that the 2008 playoff lost was a heart breaker, and the loss of our best defender, and greatest Titan were too much of a loss to overcome. Can't be sure if losing Haynesworth is what ESPN has made it to be, but it hasn't been good for either sides. And yes absolutely positively were going to lose Bulluck and his friends. Who the hell want to be a part of this. We might lose our entire staff, and roster in 2010.

6. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

yall act like its the end of the world, if we wouldnt have made so many mistakes here and there and were 3-1 yall wouldnt be saying one thing about fisher even after yesterdays loss!!! This is just like last time everyone was calling for fisher to be fired and yet they wound up having to eat crow and were made fun of for being stupid!! Quit jumping ship so early! we still have 3/4 of the season left damn people!!!

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are acting like someone in grade school.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It's actually not the 4 losses that I'm upset with. If lost all 4 games the way we lost to the Steelers - with a great effort, but just didn't quite close the deal - then I'd be disappointed but hopeful.

But this team is getting progressively sloppier, and now the level of effort is clearly waning. When you have all-pro veterans just calling it in it's a sign of deeper problems. They've lost confidence in the coaching and in their teammates. It's hard not to believe them when they tell us we shouldn't have confidence, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar