Do you want us to lose out for better draft pick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 25, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, I want Titans to lose for better draft pick.

6.1%
  2. No, I want the Titans to WIN!

93.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

We'll let's be honest the chances of us choking in the final moments when it matters most is very high. I will not be surprised if we shoot our selves in the foot and don't go into the playoffs. Still doesn't mean I won't root for us to win, and we still technically have a chance to get in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Like who?

Pittsburgh 5-6 W
    Houston 2-9 L
    San Diego 5-6 W
    New York Jets 5-6 W
    Kansas City 9-2 L
    Seattle 10-1 L
    San Fransisco 6-4 L
    St. Louis 5-6 W
    Jacksonville 2-9 L
    Indianapolis 7-4 L
    Oakland 4-7 W

We haven't beaten a team with a winning record.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seattle we had IN THEIR house-- which doesn't happen often at all.

Kansas City we had.

The only elite team on that list that beat us- really beat us was San Fran.

Ya'welcome.

4. Fry

So we hung around with two good teams. They beat us. We couldn't make plays to win. What else is new?

It's like not getting blown out by good teams is good enough. I get that the lopsided scores of last year were hard to take, but losing to good teams by a smaller margin isn't that much better.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I disagree. Football is just as psychological as it is physical. Because we played these guys close our players know they can beat these teams. Had they been blown out they would probably go into the game with a defeated mentality. The 2007 Giants to a man said that they were able to beat the pats in the superbowl because they played them close in week 17. That loss gave them the belief that those guys weren't unbeatable and they could hang with them. Close losses may hurt but they can be helpful. The 2013 Titans are pretty much the 2012 Chiefs but a little better.

6. Fry

No they don't. They know they can keep it close. Beating them would let them know beating them is possible. Making stupid mistakes like muffing a punt that bounces in to the end zone for a touchdown or throwing a scoop-and-score fumble back in to the other team's qb's hands let them think they're going to **** up again, which they probably will because they always do.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That's not how athletes think. If the last contest was close the athlete will feel he can win. I'm not sure this is debatable but you are of course welcome to debate it.

8. Deuce Wayne

The point is- we've proven we can play with good teams. We've proven we can beat good teams.

Why would anyone wants us to lose out when we're in the playoff hunt?

Because people are morons. That's the only answer.

No one thought the Giants had a chance at their super bowl. Good thing they didn't lose-out for a draft pick.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I just can't grasp the concept that playing teams close is not better than getting blown out. I understand that playing a team close doesn't necessarily mean you will beat them but I'm sure it makes it much more likely than knowing you got prison smashed in the last game.

10. Deuce Wayne

I'll explain it...

1 or 2 plays in those games = wins.

In the playoffs if those 1 or 2 plays go your way- you find yourselves in the Super Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar